Anyone shooting the 300Rem.S.A.Ultra Mag.

Wyo and chris,you guys crack me up .I'm new to the board and you just put things down and I didn't even ask you what the heck you thought. I just said I took a bull and a buck with a 300saum.

I'am working with a 300wsm but I did hunt with the 300saum this past fall.Sorry and welcome to you too. Outlaw

Outlaw,

I for one have allways thought that the SAUM's look more user friendly precisely because they are less extreme in body taper and shoulder angle and have a longer neck.

OFI,

Me thinks that you are a little sensitive... just offered up some opinions.. If your upset at waht we said.. I'm not sure why... I re-read what was posted.. can't see anything offensive....
not sure what the problem is...

This discussion will go on until Remington starts selling rifles chambered in WSM. Not everyone can justify putting a new barrel on a new rifle right out of the box. I have a 7mm SAUM that I have been shooting for the last 6 months. It's doing great things with 60 grains of H4831SC. Have to almost double the amount of powder do get the RUM fired up.

Sure I wouldn't mind if it were a 7 mm WSM, but since I wanted a REM 700 action, and a 7mm short mag, the options were limited. I have found it to have almost exactly the same performance as the 7mm Rem Mag. Not really fast, but enough for what I want to do with it. I can get a 162 SST to about 2900 fps, maybe a little more. Shoots pretty good to for a factory REM 700 BDL.

Wyo,maybe so in your case.It was my first post on the forum and I get three or four people putting down the 300saum. I never asked anyone what they thought about the 300saum,I really don't care. I was just glad to be here.So if that makes me an A-hole so be it. Thanks Outlaw

Outlaw

Welcome!

Now, take three deep breaths.

There....feels better doesn't it.

Welcome again!

OFI,

Sheesh.. calm down.. this isn't like some of the other boards, we do have our bickering.. but.. we generally are not agressive or to negative on here. I wasn't even thinking your an a$$hole just wasn't sure what upset you.. I didn't even realize this was your first post. We get alot of new guys here every day....
sorry fella.. welcome.. give it a chance you'll learn somthing if ya stick around...

whew....

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.