Anyone running a Conquest 4.5-14 or 6.5-20?

I have 1 of the 4.5-14's and 2 of the 6.5 x 20's. Love all of them except one of the 6-20's I sent back for a reticule change. It was the #4 and all that I had ever seen in other brands had 2 horizal bars and the vert bottom bar 2-3 times thicker than the fine sections. NOT this one...It looked like the fat sections were as large as a pencil and the thin areas as thin a a hair. WWWWAAAYYYYY out of proportion.

Zeiss said they couldnt change it to what I wanted..but would change it to a normal duplex...and that was fine with me

I have one of the 4.5x14x50 Conquest with target turrets. I like it better than any of my leupolds. I would compare the glass quality a close second to a NXS Night force that I own.

Greetings...

I have a Ziess Conquest 6.5-20X50 with target turrets,
German #4...which is my preferred reticle, and, admittedly I am big fan of that reticle.
I have been using it on a Steyr SSG for a couple years now,
I think the Meopta, German # 4 is a better reticle, as the innermost cross hairs are thinner,
and allows more precision when shooting paper.

I must agree the Ziess German #4 reticle size is a tad daunting, compared to other brands with the German #4.
I will assure you, when looking through the scope you eye instantly goes to the center of the reticle. And, I am thinking this was the intention of the engineers!!

Seems in the near future it will go on my sons new Steyr .300 win mag,
...to be used for western elk hunting.
Should be quite capable out to 600-700 yards...

I will put the ZFM 6X42 Z back on the Steyr SSG,
...it has a German #1 with a fine cross hair at the top.
Wanna talk about a 'hinky' reticle, look that one up.

I just went an took the SSG out before writing this,
...I will agree the reticle is 'huge',
quite usuable though.

If i can help further,
ask?

Bruce ~~___/)~*~

Ps. Take a look at Meopta 30mm scopes, I think you will find them to your liking, 3-12 or 4-16 may fill your needs, glass is on par with Ziess, from my eyes surely as good. I have 3 or 4 in 3-9 with a German #4.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting a Swarovski 6-18x50 with the TDS reticle. I bought off the classifieds here, and I can't wait to try it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.