Anyone have pictures of Manners Elite Tactical Arctic Camo?

A bit simplistic, and I've never seen a government agency say "deer can't see orange"

it, like many things is far far more complicated than that.

This is a bit old, but good info none the less. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1279&context=icwdm_usdanwrc
It has been known for some time that deer can in fact see orange. That however does not mean they see it as we do.

the reason hunters are required to wear orange is in a broad and rough sense because it is one of the lesser noticed wavelengths for them, and one of the more noticed for us. At the end of the day It's hard to hunt successfully when you're dead after being shot by another hunter, because like deer- humans are idiots as well.
off on a tangent-----that study would assume that a deer's eye works the same way as a humans eye--has anyone ever asked a deer what colors it can really see? "seeing" is the brains ability to decipher the "images" that the eye transfers to it via electrical impulses through the optical nerve---- we can study the eyeball of animals all day long, but in the end, it is the brain that actually "sees" ---do animal brains "see" the same way that human brains do? do all brains decipher the images the same way? no way to know unless you can communicate with the other individual that sees

off on a tangent-----that study would assume that a deer's eye works the same way as a humans eye--has anyone ever asked a deer what colors it can really see? "seeing" is the brains ability to decipher the "images" that the eye transfers to it via electrical impulses through the optical nerve---- we can study the eyeball of animals all day long, but in the end, it is the brain that actually "sees" ---do animal brains "see" the same way that human brains do? do all brains decipher the images the same way? no way to know unless you can communicate with the other individual that sees

Intriguing, but not sure how you could possibly do this. Realistically even some humans see things differently as you see with purple/dark blue arguments.

the closest we can get is, can they receive said wavelength(anatomically), and will they react to said wavelength repeatedly thus they "see" it

Intriguing, but not sure how you could possibly do this. Realistically even some humans see things differently as you see with purple/dark blue arguments.

the closest we can get is, can they receive said wavelength(anatomically), and will they react to said wavelength repeatedly thus they "see" it

well I know deer can see, because they always find me, regardless of how much camo I have on!! Lol

just because they react to a "color" doesnt mean they see colors --maybe everything is black and white to them? or maybe they see in infrared, or maybe in night vision, or maybe only UV waves, or maybe only see yellow and purple, or maybe they only see/sense movement like the predator did--just because they eyeball/lens can receive the wavelength doesnt mean they can "see" it , maybe they are actually blind and they can only smell and sense movement through some other way of senses that humans don't have or understand---- does a deer see colors? or do they just see movement? ---or maybe, or maybe....

only one way to know what they actually see is to ask them-- I can call them in sometimes--though not repeatedly so I guess I haven't figured out how to converse with them yet :confused:

I think the camouflage patterns are just a marketing scheme-- I do like them and own lots of different camouflage things (guns, clothes, atv, etc) but I often go hunting in jeans and a carhart jacket and if I don't move and I'm down wind, the animals don't seem to notice me

Last edited:
well I know deer can see, because they always find me, regardless of how much camo I have on!! Lol
I think movement and smell are the real factors for animals, gradient colors help blend into the surroundings but have you ever bumped an elk in the trees? dang those things are quiet, and its extremely hard to see them until they move yet they are mainly 1 or 2 colors--such a huge animal and sometimes we can walk right up on them-- they may not know we are there, and likewise we may never see them until they move

I have stood dead still in the middle of an open meadow and had deer and elk just walk right through the meadow not paying any attention to me--did they know I was there and just not care? or did they not "see" me-- only real way to know would be to ask them---I am 100% sure that they all have calendars and watches though, as 1/2 hour before sunrise on opening morning they always know the hunters are there and they go off to their "secret" world where we can not see them--maybe they have "human" camouflage patterns that they ware for hunting season? ;)

We should move this to it's own thread and let this one be about pretty stocks

Called DNZ for a scope mount, got a custom 215 tactical game reaper mount made, I needed one with the connecting bar set up for a left handed rig, with 20 MOA of cant, 30mm tube, and medium height....only issue is they only offer that mount in black. Called them, and they custom anodized one for me in silver.

Just an FYI for anyone ordering a Manners stock. I just got my tracking number, so from order date to shipment has been 7 months and 1 week.

sorry this is too late, but Caleb85 on here normally has extra manner stocks for sale. He's about 10 mins from their shop and uses them for his builds.

sorry this is too late, but Caleb85 on here normally has extra manner stocks for sale. He's about 10 mins from their shop and uses them for his builds.
Thats all good, I was pretty particular/specific on my build, EH-1 with #5 Lilja w/1.25" shank from face of action barrel channel, BDL bottom metal, extended mag box, Rem 700 long action, left hand, 1 front sling stud, 2 locking flushcups on right, and had to be arctic molded camo. Not sure anyone would have something that specific in stock ha ha. But thanks for the info brother, I'll check him out when I'm looking at another stock!!

We have had a bunch of them come through the shop.
3DF82FD0-167E-48C6-9D9C-202424FDBB70.jpeg
4576ADB5-EC64-462D-80A3-E98EADF7C37F.jpeg
7A9A86D8-5832-46A2-B8AA-DFA2FA337138.jpeg
23AD2A3F-F73B-41C8-9876-5A9F64CBD192.jpeg
8C8BB309-C4F7-466B-9B86-332AB9A9721A.jpeg
60944163-50D0-4528-B8BD-3CC88C59FAD5.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.