Anyone from nw mo or ne ks?

archp625

Good afternoon everyone. I have owned and shot guns since I was 5 years old. I'm 33 now. I used to deer hunt a ton and my max range was 100 yards. I mainly hunted in the timber and didn't need a gun that that was sighted in any further. I have a western hunt planned for this fall with some buddies and want to be comfortable at further ranges. I have been shooting a ton the last month or so out to 500 yards. I can expand my range to about 800 if i get that comfortable. What I am hoping for is to find someone that is well versed in mid range shooting that would come shoot with me and give me some pointers and help me of form. I can provide money for help and or you can shoot with me as well. So free range time. Let me now if you are in the area and want to get out and shoot.

Thanks,

Drew

Hey Drew,

If you have room to shoot that type of distance I would be happy to attend sometime. I am in Olathe KS and do not have anywhere decent to shoot past 300. I am by no means an expert but can certainly help you in the 500-1000 yard range from multiple shooting positions. The range time alone would be enough compensation on my part. I also have several steel gongs and T-post I can bring so we could have some varying distances to work with.

What caliber are you shooting at the moment?

Gordon,

I'm up in St Joseph, MO. I used to live in Shawnee a few years ago off Shawnee Mission Parkway and 35. My land is currently under water right now. Really makes me sad. Once the water goes down I will get back out there.

I am currently shooting a Steyr Prohunter in 300 WM. I have found that the gun likes 180 grain Nosler Accubonds.

I also practice to about 500 yards with my Tikka T3 in .270 Win. that gun loves 130 grain Hornaday Interlocks.

I have a few other long guns, 6.5, .223, and some .22. I'm mainly trying to focus on the 2 mentioned above for hunting season out west.

Nice, I was just up in St Joe on Thursday for work actually. No kidding about the flooding it's a mess right now.

Good choice on the 300wm and 270 win for hunting. That will make it easy to get to ~1000 yards if you have the room for it! Whenever it dries up I could make it out. I'm headed out west for Archery this year but would still be down to do some shooting. Saturdays and Sundays are usually best.

Those days work best for me as well. I will run up there next weekend to survey the situation. From what I hear it still is under water.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.