Anyone From MA or RI?

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Michael J. Spangler, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Michael J. Spangler

Michael J. Spangler Well-Known Member

hey guys,

putting the feelers out to see if anyone is local? I Started spending more time with a rifle last year and though i love hitting paper i would love to get some suggestions form some MA guys on getting out of this state and to a place where i can use my rifle to get some game.

Thanks in advance

2. 1tonpower

1tonpower Well-Known Member

looks like its just me and you....i have always said that i grew up in the wrong area. i would love to rifle hunt for every thing, but in this fine state we are restricted to dogs during daylight hours =\

what area are you in?

3. Swampyankee

Swampyankee Member

HI from Tiverton, just south of Fall River. I shoot at Tiverton Rod and Gun club.

4. howa3006

howa3006 New Member

hey Im new to the fourm , I live in Scituate Ma. , and belong to Marshfield Rod&gun

5. 1tonpower

1tonpower Well-Known Member

What reconized ranges are around with a ranger past 200yrds

6. MA Hysteria

MA Hysteria Member

I usually say "hello" to all, but it looks like "hello to all three of you". I just joined today. I'm from Swansea, member at East Warren Rod & Gun. I understand there is a 200-300 yd range in the Westport area, the name escapes me right now but I can look it up. You can probably check on the GOAL web site (Gun Owners Action League) because I know they are a 100% club (you have to belong to GOAL to join).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  7. Lalmeida617

Lalmeida617 New Member

Hello everyone! I am from Westport MA and belong to the new Bedford Rod and Gun club. As for ranges you have Copicut 300 yards and Woodcock in Dartmouth which I believe goes out to 500. The furthest in MA is in Reading which goes to 600.

I am new to longer range shooting but am gathering the tools quickly. I have a Savage 11 Long Range Hunter in .308 and a DPMS 308LR. I just need some bipods, match ammo and good glass and I am ready to give it a go! gun)