Any one go 6.5 stw

I have one I would gladly sell you. Borden action with bartlein number 4 contour with a sand colored HS precision cheekpiece stock. Less than 50 rounds through it.
Well I was actually talking about a 7mm STW cartridge. I have a pretty extensive cartridge collection. When people ask what this looks like next to that, I can usually show them lol Send me a PM about the price for the rifle though.

Well I was actually talking about a 7mm STW cartridge. I have a pretty extensive cartridge collection. When people ask what this looks like next to that, I can usually show them lol Send me a PM about the price for the rifle though.
Stupid me. I thought you meant a rifle

An easy way to get a 7stw case is to take a 8 mag and size the neck down in a 7mm Remington die. But leave the die screwed out a lot as the 8 mag case is .350 longer. Or screw it down to the shell holder and gently pull the handle. You will feel when the die comes down to the shoulder on the much longer case. Not rocket science. If loading to chamber I would get a set of 7stw dies. But just to make up a dummy what I told will work.

An easy way to get a 7stw case is to take a 8 mag and size the neck down in a 7mm Remington die. But leave the die screwed out a lot as the 8 mag case is .350 longer. Or screw it down to the shell holder and gently pull the handle. You will feel when the die comes down to the shoulder on the much longer case. Not rocket science. If loading to chamber I would get a set of 7stw dies. But just to make up a dummy what I told will work.
I collect cartridges that I will eventually start placing on boards to hang on the wall. So I kind of want the head stamps to be correct.

I have a lot of Winchester 7stw brass. I can make up a dummy and load an oiled primer with no powder so I can send it in the mail. It will look just like a loaded round but with no powder. I don,t know how to exchange addresses here without everyone and God seeing it but I would gladly send you one.

I have a lot of Winchester 7stw brass. I can make up a dummy and load an oiled primer with no powder so I can send it in the mail. It will look just like a loaded round but with no powder. I don,t know how to exchange addresses here without everyone and God seeing it but I would gladly send you one.
I'll PM you. When I sent you that message about the wife and sons guns, that was a private chat, you and I can see it only.

I just recently picked up a 6.5 STW, 27" 1in 8 twist barrel. I'm looking for load data. Can I use 6.5x300wby data and start at the min charges, or should i start below min.?

I just recently picked up a 6.5 STW, 27" 1in 8 twist barrel. I'm looking for load data. Can I use 6.5x300wby data and start at the min charges, or should i start below min.?
I have the same thing but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. It came with some ammo already developed by Cor Bon, I can give you that info as a reference when I get home. I'm planning to start with the 6.5-300 load data and see what happens, maybe with H1000 or Retumbo

There are 2 loads with my rifle. Both with 142 match kings, one is 71 gr of H4831sc and the other is 72.5 gr H4831sc. Nosler brass, OAL 3.750

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.