Any NightForce NX8 reviews ???

Don't get me wrong I love my NX8 but it's different than an NXS. Takes some getting used to.
Would you say it is better than NXS? Worth the extra money? I am trying to decide between NXS 5.5-22, ATACR 5-26 (or 4-16), or NX8 4-32. I don't know what provides the best value for the money for a hunting rifle

The price difference between the NXS and NX8 you listed is minimal compared to the ATACR. The ATACR was out of my budget.

I have 5 other hunting rifles that all wear old style NXS's. They all run flawlessly. I decided to try a NX8 for my new build. The glass is better for sure. The only thing that I dislike about the NX8 is the power selector ring. I prefer to grab the whole eyepiece and rotating it like the NXS's. However I'm still getting to know it.

You won't be disappointed with any of them. Sorry, I know this doesn't help.

The price difference between the NXS and NX8 you listed is minimal compared to the ATACR. The ATACR was out of my budget.

I have 5 other hunting rifles that all wear old style NXS's. They all run flawlessly. I decided to try a NX8 for my new build. The glass is better for sure. The only thing that I dislike about the NX8 is the power selector ring. I prefer to grab the whole eyepiece and rotating it like the NXS's. However I'm still getting to know it.

You won't be disappointed with any of them. Sorry, I know this doesn't help.
That's true, very little price difference between NXS & NX8. Not sure the ATACR brings that much more added value

I think the weight is also a big difference with the two. Atacr is the top of the heap for me but what drew me to the 8 was weight.
Exactly. I have the ATACR 7-35 F1 and the NX8 4-32 F1 To me, the optics appear virtually the same. I hunt open country and haven't had 7x (ATACR) be too high for any application, but do like the idea of going down to 4x with the NX8. The biggest different is weight and it's noticeable. For the money the NX8 is a better scope, IMHO.

Exactly. I have the ATACR 7-35 F1 and the NX8 4-32 F1 To me, the optics appear virtually the same. I hunt open country and haven't had 7x (ATACR) be too high for any application, but do like the idea of going down to 4x with the NX8. The biggest different is weight and it's noticeable. For the money the NX8 is a better scope, IMHO.
Literally exact same experience for me also. ATACR made my gun top heavy. NX8 was a perfect happy medium.

2. What up with that cheap plastic, poor design, stupidly expensive lens covers? I don't have words to describe how disappointed I am ... for this reason alone I'm considering selling my scope. I am so furious .... urrrrr ... <calming down> Are there other options available for caps that are similar in quality to Leupold ones?

The OEM Tenebraex are lower quality than sets that are separately purchased. The ones bought separately are better covers overall. They are more durable and have a lock back feature when open.

Literally exact same experience for me also. ATACR made my gun top heavy. NX8 was a perfect happy medium.
I ended up going with the NX8, seems to be a pretty sweet scope. Glass looks really nice, turrets are solid, reticle is extremely nice, can be hard to see that's the only downside. But in the field/ daylight I am sure it gets better

I ended up going with the NX8, seems to be a pretty sweet scope. Glass looks really nice, turrets are solid, reticle is extremely nice, can be hard to see that's the only downside. But in the field/ daylight I am sure it gets better
I also should have mentioned how much I love the reticle also! It's awesome! I went with the SFP and everything is just the right size for up close shots, and small enough to not cover up targets at distance either.

The OEM Tenebraex are lower quality than sets that are separately purchased. The ones bought separately are better covers overall. They are more durable and have a lock back feature when open.
I noticed that but I have a hard time wrapping my head around 2 things:
  1. I find the Leupold Aluminum covers the best there are and the price is half of Tenebraex. The latest are made of plastic which is cheaper to manufacture compared to Aluminum, and they are made in Canada. I cant pay over $250 for plastic. It's impossible the manufacturing cost to be even 1/10 of price.
  2. Why a company like NF will chose to put something so cheaply built? It just hurts the reputation. Furthermore, did they stop there? Any internal parts that they cheap out on? Next time when I'm going to buy a scope nf will have a handicap just because of this.

Oh I see your in Canada. So its Tenebraex fault you get charged 250.00 for there caps and Americans 50.00-60.00.
Think you better blame it on your brokers and importers not Tenebraex

I meant to say $150 CAD sorry. They are $45 USD each on NF website plus shipping taxes and exchange rate is $150 CAD. They are even more expensive on their website in Canada about $72 CAD without shipping.

Europtics

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210330-185825_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330-185825_Google.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 110
I'll check tomorrow but I don't think those ones for an NX8.
Anyway, this conversation is going into the weeds. I'll never buy Tenebraex. Others like them and that is fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts