Nightforce NX8

Just got one in yesterday, plan to get it mounted this evening. All goes well, shoot over the holiday weekend. I'll report back if I have any glaring issues.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about how everybody feels about these as they get more use. Keep sharing your experiences.

Does anybody know if the parallax adjustment works like the March scopes? They are both high mag and short length. Others have said the March is a fast parallax that is parallax free when it is in focus. Does the NX8 work similarly?

Does anybody know if the parallax adjustment works like the March scopes? They are both high mag and short length. Others have said the March is a fast parallax that is parallax free when it is in focus. Does the NX8 work similarly?
It works similar to the March as in there is no set and forget, it needs adjusted often to maintain focus, but the range of adjustment requires more degree of rotation than the fast ratio March. Is that clear as mud? Lol

How well does it work on it's close range limitation? It said adjustable starting at 11 yards. Has anyone messed around with how it looks short range?

It works similar to the March as in there is no set and forget, it needs adjusted often to maintain focus, but the range of adjustment requires more degree of rotation than the fast ratio March. Is that clear as mud? Lol
highdrum can you get it to focus well with a good picture at 25 yards? What about closer than that?

highdrum can you get it to focus well with a good picture at 25 yards? What about closer than that?
Haven't really tried that close, so not sure. It's on a 300 norma improved, so shots are long not close. I can play with it when I get home next time.

That makes sense. Mostly just wondering if the parallax is removed once in focus. If it removes parallax when in focus then it sounds like a great scope. I know some complained of the NXS being out of focus when the parallax was removed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts