Any issue with RemAge on trued M700?

Totoro

Hey fellas, been contemplating a X-Caliber RemAge on my trued M700 but as I was reading through the order form there were some notes:

***THESE REM/AGES PREFIT BARRELS REQUIRE A BARREL NUT AND ARE ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH STANDARD FACTORY REMINGTON 700 ACTION THREADS (1-1/16"x16TPI) AND STANDARD FACTORY REMINGTON 700 BOLT-FACE GEOMETRY & LUG GEOMETRY: ANY DIMENSIONAL DEVIATIONS FROM ANY/ALL OF THOSE DESIGN ELEMENTS ON YOUR ACTION AND/OR BOLT-FACE WILL PREVENT PROPER FITMENT AND/OR HEADSPACING OF THIS PREFIT BARREL***

The action thread portion I get, the rest I don't?

For headspacing, wouldn't you just compensate by adjusting the barrel nut when using go-no-go gauges.

I did not see any warning like that from Criterion/PBB/et al.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Hey fellas, been contemplating a X-Caliber RemAge on my trued M700 but as I was reading through the order form there were some notes:

***THESE REM/AGES PREFIT BARRELS REQUIRE A BARREL NUT AND ARE ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH STANDARD FACTORY REMINGTON 700 ACTION THREADS (1-1/16"x16TPI) AND STANDARD FACTORY REMINGTON 700 BOLT-FACE GEOMETRY & LUG GEOMETRY: ANY DIMENSIONAL DEVIATIONS FROM ANY/ALL OF THOSE DESIGN ELEMENTS ON YOUR ACTION AND/OR BOLT-FACE WILL PREVENT PROPER FITMENT AND/OR HEADSPACING OF THIS PREFIT BARREL***

The action thread portion I get, the rest I don't?

For headspacing, wouldn't you just compensate by adjusting the barrel nut when using go-no-go gauges.

I did not see any warning like that from Criterion/PBB/et al.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!
I had one done in a 22-250. The action was blueprinted and the barrel I had intended to put on was damaged in shipping. I didn't want to wait another 4-6 weeks so I went with an X-Cal brl. Setup is just like my savage and yes you set the head space as you stated.

Totoro, if you action was indeed trued correctly the barrel threads are recut slightly larger to insure they are in line with the center axis of the action. Do you have the old barrel ?

@Wedgy, no I don't have the barrel anymore but I am guessing your gonna ask if I tried to thread in the old barrel?

Action was trued by LRI during the first SH Group Buy some years back.

Just ask them, great company that does outstanding work. They will tell you how to figure it out even if you don't have a receipt. Where on the west coast are you ? I'm in CA

Chad does two "tiers" of blueprinting, if it was "tier 1", the receiver threads would have been opened up.
Tier 2 does not enlarge the OD of the threads.

Loose thread fit, within limits- is beneficial for allowing the barrels and receiver shoulders to align precisely. A lot of misinformation on this, where some believe tight as a gnat's *** fit is desired, it's not...

However, too loose will allow the nut to vibrate loose and I wouldn't risk a "standard" PD prefit on oversize threads- just get one that will fit correctly.
You can have a prefit made to meet the PD he thread mills, just call him and ask what PD you should have for the prefit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.