Any here using Bertram brass.

I just got my 7saum Bertram brass a week ago. My batch of 101 pieces had a group of 40 within .8grn, 2 groups of 25 within 1 grain, And 11 I'm using for barrel break in that are 4 to 5 gains apart. They were the top and bottom culls. Looks like I should be able to get it to shoot. 8 culls shot a roughly 1" group at 100 while doing barrel break in. looked at adg brass but they never had any in stock.

I deburred the flash hole in my brass and all but 4 were smooth and clean. Maybe it was older Bertram brass that was less consistent and prepped.

Have you checked the internal volume and weight, neck thickness variation from one case to the next.

I just purchased a couple hundred Bertram brass for my daughters 340 build. Big picture they looked very well put together. There were some weight fluctuations but the necks were concentric. Over all I was happy. However, I was banking on them being annealed. I even called Bertram and asked if the final step was annealing. I was assured they were annealed. Received them and they looked annealed. I charged up some with a middle of the road charge and a 225 Accubond to fire form. The first 2 and only 2 Zaylea shot absolutely destroyed the shoulders. There were 4 large gashes in the shoulder. So immediately I know that if they were annealed, it wasn't long enough. Plus the annealing was very inconsistent on the case itself. The thermal spread sometimes stopped right below the shoulder and some stopped mid case. So I annealed all of them which too care of the problem. One thing is for sure, they are built tough as nails. I generally buy Weatherby brass because I know what I'm getting, but these were on sale and thought I'd give them a try. If they have a shining star, it's durability.

Jayson

I just got my 7saum Bertram brass a week ago. My batch of 101 pieces had a group of 40 within .8grn, 2 groups of 25 within 1 grain, And 11 I'm using for barrel break in that are 4 to 5 gains apart. They were the top and bottom culls. Looks like I should be able to get it to shoot. 8 culls shot a roughly 1" group at 100 while doing barrel break in. looked at adg brass but they never had any in stock.
I use it is several calibers with great success. Sub moa past 500 yards on most. I would grab it if you can get it

you would be guessing wrong.
i spent over $450 on 200 pcs and i could not find what i considered 50 pcs of match quality in the 200...$450 for less than 50 pcs is pretty **** expensive and then the necks were to poor to turn without going down to .010 on a 338 bullet.
i am a target shooter...i would not use it plain and simple.

If I get really into what the rifle I build can do I'm sure I can find 30 pieces all the same. That said I have had plain old Win. and Rem. brass with no fussing produce under half inch groups. My guess is this brass will do even better.

Use it in my 338 Edge and it's been outstanding. Fought loose primer pockets in Remington and Nosler brass after 2 or 3 firings and no issues with the Bertram so far at 5 firings, still tight and SD's single digit. Half MOA accuracy or better.

a) this is a long range site
B) can i see DATA documenting 1/2 moa or better at LONG RANGE...say 1000 yards ?

Use it in my 338 Edge and it's been outstanding. Fought loose primer pockets in Remington and Nosler brass after 2 or 3 firings and no issues with the Bertram so far at 5 firings, still tight and SD's single digit. Half MOA accuracy or better.

a) this is a long range site
B) can i see DATA documenting 1/2 moa or better at LONG RANGE...say 1000 yards ?

A) No kidding, thought that was the whole purpose here. B) I shoot out to 800 yards on steel at home with 4" groups, sorry no micrometer pictures handy. Shoot over 1,200 on rocks with good accuracy but haven't hiked over with the tape measure.

Anybody here using Bertram brass and what are your thoughts on it. I picked up some at a gun show in 338RUM for my future build.
Hi I am from Australia and Bertram brass is from Aussie, sorry to say we have had big problems with Bertram Brass, neck splitting for no reason, not high pressure loads at all,
Maybe he has improved it, so my advice is get a sample lot and try them he may have improved them, sad to let a fellow country man down but the truth must be told in this form ..Norma Brass is the pinnacle..but we can't get them easily..

I purchased 200 pieces of 28 Nosler Bertram brass last month. The weight variation was some of the worst I have experienced - almost 15 grain spread. I didnt measure necks for consistency, but assumed it was bad due to the weight variation and a quick eyeball if the case mouths didn't look promising. I loaded up 6 rounds going from lightest to heaviest brass, all with the same powder charge weight. The 6 shot group fired prone from a bipod measure exactly 1/2 moa shot in variable winds. ES was 25fps, and had no correlation to the brass weight. Good enough for me and my uses. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you for your reply Alex good to hear from some one from the brass source. How ever I have already purchased the brass as it was theonly 338 RUM brass I could find. Iowacity my largest spread in weight from what I have weighrd has been about 4 grains. This is about what I have found with most common brass Tem Win ect. Good to tear it did not effect theaccuracy in your test.

well we shoot 2000 yards at TARGETS with scoring rings. so bring your 1/2 moa rifles out with you bertram brass and show us. look in the elr forum for the elite target match in montana

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.