Any factory rifles in 338 Norma?

Very good at the moment. I am currently using Lapua, but Peterson is also available and an excellent option.
I've been staring at a reamer, 30" barrel and and action for a couple years now in the shop and have managed 6 boxes of Hornady brass. Should spin this up soon, but first need to build an ultralight 28 Nossler for an upcoming sheep and elk hunt. Not enough time or money in this life to get everything done a guy needs doing.

They and the lapua are for sale on these long range sites for a deal to be had.NO THE 340 WBY does not shoot to the Norma.The wby 98 grain 338nm is 108 The 340 wby do any thing you need, I shot one for 35 years and passed to my son, so will 338 rum

Last edited:
Haven't seen any stock/factory rifles in 338 NM, but we make only custom.
We stocked up a few years ago with 338LM Brass, Berger 300 OTMs and had custom JGS 338LMAI Reamer. Have several Krieger 1:9.3 barrels 32" & 33", a Bat Action Single shot dual port, and several McMillan XIT stocks.
This past year was second guessing and thinking about going with a 338NM.

Can't really go wrong with either the Lapua Mag or Norm Mag.
If you are looking for a ELR cartridge these are two of the BEST!

Think that maybe there is more components available for the 338LM at this time.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on a 338 PRC/Campfire/Demon/Sherman? I have around 600 pieces of 300 PRC lapua and hornady brass. How would that compare? I know it won't be equal, but it would be an easier build. I have a Seekins 300 PRC I could have barrel put on.

Any thoughts on a 338 PRC/Campfire/Demon/Sherman? I have around 600 pieces of 300 PRC lapua and hornady brass. How would that compare? I know it won't be equal, but it would be an easier build. I have a Seekins 300 PRC I could have barrel put on.
33 Sherman Mag or 338 Edge would be a good option for a second barrel. With the 300 gr bullets you'll have to single load either to get optimum performance.

How long of barrel you going with?

What about a 338 Prc? Doesn't the Sherman mag have a different shoulder and capacity?
Ya Sherman has a 40* shoulder which just involves fire forming PRC brass.
338 PRC is going to require ordering a custom reamer and dies which isn't a big deal but can be a long wait and a bit intimidating if you've never done it. Sherman usual has reamer and dies ready

Neither bothers me. I am not overly familiar with the sherman is all. Just trying to make the most with what I already have.

Is there that big of an improvement with the Sherman over the Prc?

Neither bothers me. I am not overly familiar with the sherman is all. Just trying to make the most with what I already have.

Is there that big of an improvement with the Sherman over the Prc?
You'd likely get 100-150 fps out of the Sherman, It's not huge but is a difference.
Biggest advantage to me would be dies and reamer ready to go vs a 12-16 week wait.