Any difference in brass from lot to lot?

KQguy

I shoot Winchester brass(7mmWSM),and keep my brass separated by lots.I was just wondering if this is even necessary.Has anyone here ever tested brass from different lots to see if there is a difference in POI.I may end up doing some testing in the future,but was curious if anyone here has done any,to come to any conclusions.

I sort new brass by weight and throw out the highs and lose, usually very few of them, and run with the rest. With Winchester brass over 30 years using 270 Win cases I have found very little weight difference.

Never noticed any difference in POI shift from lot to lot as weights were pretty close.

There are certainly some case differences, lot to lot, some differences even within a lot. How much difference and what effect it will have depends on the difference. ?? Even then it won't be vast. It's usually not enough difference for most guns/shooters to notice the difference. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.