Any Delivery Problems with U.S. Optics?

Sr90,
I think I know what you mean. It would be nice on my Nightforce to move my zero which is on 40 moa back down to the -0- for a reference if nothing else. I know the zero is really 40moa but if it had a screw on cap that threaded on and then tightened the set screw it would work just like that. With the groove in the post it slips over, spinning it arount to zero is the only option you have. I could fix that pretty easy... hmmm.
smile.gif

If you can actually get MORE elevation too out of yours by doing something similar, cool!
smile.gif
An angled base would help my problem alot.

Maybe I'll try to explain a little better.

Lets say your scope tube allows 200 MOA of elevation but the knob restricts it to 100.

Lets say the knob is set to use the middle 100 MOA so you have 50 moa up and 50 moa down that is lost. I was wondering if adjusting the set screw up would allow you to use the top 100 range so you would end up having 100 down that is lost but you would be able to shoot out farther, then if you decided you wanted to shoot closer ranges then you could adjust the set screw back down bringing your knob back to the middle or to the bottom 100 moa of the scope tube.

I might have just created more confusion.
confused.gif

I'm easily confused and I follow you fine so...
If the thing has 200moa why would they limit the things usefullness with the **** knob?

I'm not sure how the set screw works on yours but the NF as you may well know is pretty basic coming in from the side into the slot, which would have to be modified.

What stops the actual knob from gaining more elevation on yours, the knob on mine does not, it's internal, as the knob is turned out and away from the body, not the other way around? If the internals allowed it the knob would keep unscrewing upward. It sounds like yours would have to be quite a bit different?
confused.gif

The standard USoptics knobs do not restrict elevation adjustments at all. But USoptics released a new knob that allows you to have 1/2 MOA clicks and 46 MOA per revolution allowing you to go from 100-1000+ yards with only one turn of the knob. I have this new knob on my ST10 10x and my scope has 100 MOA of adjustment with the new knob. From what I was told, when putting the new knob on higher magnification scopes then it decreases the elevation adjustment some like with the 3.1-17x. I was told several variables change the range on the knob such as a finer thread pitch, longer tube, different lenses, etc...

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.