Nightforce vs. U.S. Optics?

Whilst Nightforce are good at what they do (reliable with acceptable glass), US Optics just don't compare with the major European optics companies.

I have a magazine article somewhere where one was included in a comparison with Meopta, IOR Valdata, Doctor, Kahles, Nightforce, Zeiss and S&B. The review wasn't favourable.

I used to own a couple of NF's. One NXS and one BR. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. Good glass, accurate adjustments and very robust. Had to send the BR scope in for repair when it was new...outstanding CS. Guess if it was the choice between the two...I'd say NF. For me and my eyes...I'm going German glass all the way. I'm getting my second Premier Heritage 5-25x Tactical. But I've also owned IOR and was extremely pleased. The difference in clarity and color really make a difference for my eyes and overall comfort.

I've never had a chance to look through a US Optics....but can recommend the NF.

Good Luck,

Wayne

nightforceshotbyak47.jpg

this NF is not being ran over but the story goes that this scope was shot while in use by one of our guys over sea he rapped electric tap around it and used it for a few more days the only thing didn't work was the power ring. its was supposed to have been at a shoot show a couple years ago but who really knows. if true its one hell of a story IMO better than being set up for a photo shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nightforce scopes are junk. Yes you should sell them and upgrade to U.S. Optics. Please let me know and I will help you get rid of your junk...............Man I hope this works....LOL.

Have you had a change to look through a S&B or Zeiss Hensoldt? Noticeable difference to my eyes but they do cost more than NF/USO. My Hensoldt scopes are so easy to get behind and the brightness/clarity is out of this world. More FFP options than NF as well. They do retain their value if you decide to sell. Only you can decide if $$$ is worth it. My Hensoldt's will likely provide a lifetime of use. Over the next 40-50 years what is another $1000-$1500 for something that is a pleasure to use?

Buy once, sob once.

I've used both. I have more experience with USO and probably a little biased toward USO. As far as my eyes go, I'm a big USO fan. Not a darn thing wrong with Nightforce though... All good glass, ruggedly built (and for someone as clumsy as I am thats a good thing). I've seen first hand a few demonstrations where a USO scope has been literally thrown onto hard ground several times and remounted and it kept it's original zero... hard to beat that. and as previously stated their customer service is outstanding. Not to take anything away from NF, but if your'e gonna spend the $$ I'd say spend a little extra and go with USO.

but remember I'm a little bias to USO so take my humble opinion (because thats all the above is) with a grain of salt and buy what works for you. Happy hunting all

Both manufactures are turning out quality products. The difference comes in with USO as being more of a "custom" scope.

I find the customer service is top notch with both companies. Support is always there if you need it with both companies. Optically I find them too similar to distinguish and noticeable difference. All things I would say are equal except with the USO you have the ability to order a scope built to your specs.

I don't know if you would be using it for hunting or target, but the Nightforce velocity reticles are nice for hunting purposes. Really nice for know distance steel banging too.

I don't know what lead times are running on USO but I know that these guys always have Nightforce in stock whenever I call to order one.

Nightforce is the way to go! Since 1992, Nightforce riflescopes have won more records in long-range benchrest competition than any other scope on the market!

You cannot buy a higher quality riflescope!

nightforce nxs why do i need to spend the extra $ on a uso iv never looked through one but dont care to. imo the scopes dont look as good on a rifle as nf they may be slightly more clear but doubt its noticible to human eye and even if it is most folks dont need it nf will do the job just as good for much less. i guess my name sais it all.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.