U.S. optics, Looking for information.

188MULE

I am interested in any info on the U.S. optics scopes preferably real world use and experiences. I have not had the luxury of using or even looking thru one but am looking into a new scope for one of my rifles.
How do they compare to IOR, S&B, NF, or M4.
I am looking at the 3-18 power range.

Last edited:
I own them all several models of each------S&B, Swaro, Zeiss and USO. When Speedy builds a new SS Sporter for me a USO goes on it. Have got quite a few and they are my favorite. Like there being no mask as well as building one with a custom reticle so all of mine over the last 6 years have been the same. Too many other things to mention like optical clarity and toughness!! Do some research and make your choice.

Great people, great service and unlike other scopes that Claim to be made here they actually are.

I have no experience with any of the high end rifle scopes. My hunting optics consist of a zeiss diascope and swaro el binos and swaro rangefinder. I use these because I believe them to be the best, and have been able to compare many manufacturers. I've always had VX-3s on my rifles feeling that they were the best for the money. I do like my leupold scopes and have never had one bit of trouble with any of them.
My long range rig had a VX-3 6.5 x 20LR which has tracked perfectly but I would like to top that rifle with a scope that is made specifically for the task of hitting stuff at very long range.
Is the extra cash for the U.S.O 3.2-17 worth it over the IOR 3-18
If yes, why?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.