Any Christian Themed Camo Patterns?

Just Learnin

Guys, I need some help here. I've been scratching my head trying to figure a camo pattern with a Christian theme for a rifle build. Dave Viers built my 338 snipe tac a few years back and made a really nice triple cross on a hill with a kind of a sunrise in the background. It makes for a nice conversation starter...

He's now making me a lightweight 300WSM and I simply can't figure out a paint scheme for it. If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them. Thanks!

You could go with a twisted crown of thorns, but it could easily be confused as a "tribal" design.
There's always the "pale horse & death rode with him" road too, as far as themes go, but I don't know how you'd make it into a camo pattern either. Cool name for a rifle, but its kinda grim.
How bout "by his strypes?" Kinda look like a bear tore into it claws first.....
I dunno, without partial quotes or phrases incorperated into it, those ideas could easily pass for something completely different than thier intended purpose.
Neat idea by the way. Im glad your rifles serve multiple purposes, thats way cool. Let us know what you come up with.

Thanks WinMag! You've got me thinking; maybe combine your first and third thoughts and stamp "By His Stripes" or something on the metal... Put that over a solid color with flecks of other color maybe. I'll have to give that some thought. If you come up with any more thoughts I'd love to hear them! -- Don

RDM416, that certainly sounds like a great idea. The crosses would break up the outline and actually "camo" it. Thank you, I really appreciate it! -- Don

I am not sure if you are an AK fan or not but if you look for "Serbian Trench Art" there are some good Orthodox Christian carvings on AK stocks that might give you some ideas.

Well, you learn something every day; never had a clue about Serbian trench art before your post Permaculture... Not quite up my alley but interesting stuff. Thank you for pointing it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.