Anti Hunter Vandals

When I was growing up, we sold a few acres to some folks from the city (I grew up very rural).
They lived probably 1/2 mile away, with woods and a large duck swamp between us, and they'd STILL call the Sheriff when we shot clay pigeons behind the barn!?
The Deputy wouldnt even stop and talk to us. He knew who we were and what we were doing.
He'd go next door and explain to those folks that they now live in the country and could expect gunfire.
Then, the next week, they'd call in again.
One time was similar to your story, they called my Dad and said their house was getting hit- from 1/4 mile away.
Of course, that was in the days of lead shot...
I would like one of those high powered shotguns 😂😂😂

I generally have the upmost respect and admiration for those that work in Wildlife management. Every once in while you run across jerks that give the service a bad name and image. Many years ago I was checking a deer into a checking station and came across a game officer with a power trip. A young fellow came in with a real trophy buck that had him smiling from ear to ear. He was very proud and excited as he provided this license to the grumpy officer. The tag was properly affixed to the buck. The officer examined the tag and stated it was not properly punched. The hunter was very apologetic. The officer confiscated the deep and stated to everyone "let this be lesson to all of you". The hunter was devastated and the officer just had an evil grin while he wrote up a citation.
Make sure you double check your tags. Sorry for the derail. Pdyson's post brought back a bad memory.

Ok a funny one. Buddy and I hunting suburban area with bow. Sitting on tailgate eating lunch. 3 women walkers dressed to the nines in designer clothes and jewelry flashing that blinds you come down road and veered right to us. Proceeded to swear at us that would blush a drill sgt. We told them have nice day. They told us they hoped we fell out of tree impaling ourselves on an arrow!😂 They left, few min later 3 more elderly blue haired women in sweats come down road and veered right at us! Uh oh here we go again. Are you boys hunting? Bite your tongue and just take it! Yes ma'am we are. Do you see a doe with cut ear? Here we go don't kill my pet deer! Nope! She said "you kill that SOB"! She didn't say SOB! That doe is eating every darn plant around my house! You can park in my driveway to kill her if you want! What the!!! I asked her where she lived and she pointed down the road at a sub! I said we can't hunt in there but she said So What! I am giving you permission!!! Explained law so as they were leaving she said please make extra effort to kill that SOB! Again it was full description! OMG! My buddy and couldn't stop laughing!

One of my best friends is a retired game warden. He lives near the auburn Alabama area. He got a call from a home owner in auburn about being over run by deer, there eating everything I plant. Showed him a picture of around sixty or more eating his scrubs and flowers. Said I want them killed, all of them! We looked over his property and sense he was inside the city limits we could only bow hunt. He had about 60 acres of pasture , but the neighbor had Forest and cutover. They didn't want any hunting. Deer only came out at night when we tried to kill them! We gave up and told him his neighbor had to allow hunting before we could help him. Never knew how that worked out. Had a lease in the area we hunted that was covered up with deer so we never gave it any more thought.

I was harassed by a South Carolina Game Warden in 1984. I had just picked up my family and moved them to Myrtle Beach AFB after rotating back to CONUS after an unaccompanied short tour in Korea. I made fast friends with the NCOIC of Outdoor Recreation there and he told me of a small WMA hunting preserve near Charleston and three of us rented a small camper from the Base and drove down for a 4-day deer hunt. We arrived before noon, set up camp, went out to scout and put up tree stands. We were surprised to discover very few other hunters in camp but we were camped next to four brothers who were all Police Officers from Miami… all nice fellers. Anyway they asked had we met Officer Odie yet. I said no. He said; "Oh you will". He explained, the warden was a member of a dog hunting club adjacent to the WMA and his club lost a large portion of their lease when the state carved out the WMA. If hunter participation was low and the WMA underutilized, it would all revert back. His mission was to run everyone off and it was working fairly well. Me and my pals drew straws to see who was going to be bait for Officer Odie first and I lost. I dropped my pals off at 5:30a and drove over a mile down the road. Grabbed my gun and walked in a hundred yards and sat on a stool near a clear cut. At sun up I heard a man screaming at the top of his lungs. I couldn't understand what he was saying but he blew his car horn 8 or 10 times then emptied his revolver into
the ground. When I finally got there he was fuming mad. He checked my license told me I wasn't welcome here and I should just pack out and leave And that next year the WMA would be closed. I just kept my trap shut and let him rant and rave. I sat in the truck dumbfounded till 9am then went and picked up my pals.
We each took turns leading him away and everyone got harassed by the Warden. Thank God, He never bothered us in camp it probably would have ended with a bruised and bloody Game Warden and everyone else in jail. It's a wonder he didn't get fragged in the field though. What an A-Hole.
Officer Odie? That's a joke right? Bothering a hunter is a crime in some areas. Too bad cell phones w/their good cameras weren't available back then. It would have almost been worth it to go to court and show a judge just how stupid this guy was!

When I was growing up, we sold a few acres to some folks from the city (I grew up very rural).
They lived probably 1/2 mile away, with woods and a large duck swamp between us, and they'd STILL call the Sheriff when we shot clay pigeons behind the barn!?
The Deputy wouldnt even stop and talk to us. He knew who we were and what we were doing.
He'd go next door and explain to those folks that they now live in the country and could expect gunfire.
Then, the next week, they'd call in again.
One time was similar to your story, they called my Dad and said their house was getting hit- from 1/4 mile away.
Of course, that was in the days of lead shot...
I go through the same thing with both my neighbors. One is not a shooter and the other does. The shooter side allows their kids to wonder all over my property. I've told them that I have and will shoot in my back area. I always walk my property prior to clear the area. Last year, I found their kids right behind my house about 100yds away. I yelled at them to clear the area because I was going to start shooting. The kids went and told their mom and her father that I was going to shoot them. .....I didnt....Of course the Sheriff was called by both of us and responded as an active shooter incident. What a mess. When I was questioned, I told the officers what I did and what I said. To make matters worse, the father of the kids mom started running over through the woods screaming like a madman and the mom was screaming incoherently. The deputies finally got them calmed down and told them to keep their kids in their own property. The moms father started yelling at the deputies and you can guess what happened next. They were told that the land in this area is zoned as AR and shooting was allowed as long as it was done safely. They also told them I had cleared my property adequately. They tried to tell the deputies they don't shoot, but the deputies had history that they did. So they ended up with the father getting a warning for interference with a Peace officer and lying on an official report. Didn't go well at all. Moral of the story, be absolutely sure that you do the right thing and your neighbors know their own (and your) property lines. This could have all been avoided. Stay safe and have fun.

I go through the same thing with both my neighbors. One is not a shooter and the other does. The shooter side allows their kids to wonder all over my property. I've told them that I have and will shoot in my back area. I always walk my property prior to clear the area. Last year, I found their kids right behind my house about 100yds away. I yelled at them to clear the area because I was going to start shooting. The kids went and told their mom and her father that I was going to shoot them. .....I didnt....Of course the Sheriff was called by both of us and responded as an active shooter incident. What a mess. When I was questioned, I told the officers what I did and what I said. To make matters worse, the father of the kids mom started running over through the woods screaming like a madman and the mom was screaming incoherently. The deputies finally got them calmed down and told them to keep their kids in their own property. The moms father started yelling at the deputies and you can guess what happened next. They were told that the land in this area is zoned as AR and shooting was allowed as long as it was done safely. They also told them I had cleared my property adequately. They tried to tell the deputies they don't shoot, but the deputies had history that they did. So they ended up with the father getting a warning for interference with a Peace officer and lying on an official report. Didn't go well at all. Moral of the story, be absolutely sure that you do the right thing and your neighbors know their own (and your) property lines. This could have all been avoided. Stay safe and have fun.
Good fencing makes good neighbors!

The pay phones! How about pager's. Then try and find a pay phone, Even worst one that worked.
I haven't seen a payphone in years, then while hunting in Wyoming, I came across this one so for a joke I had my buddy take a picture when I picked up the handset it was actually functional and running!
0BBCEE9C-246A-4098-8C07-B6D99208C9F5.jpeg

I haven't seen a payphone in years, then while hunting in Wyoming, I came across this one so for a joke I had my buddy take a picture when I picked up the handset it was actually functional and running!View attachment 444012
Only in Wyoming.I didn't know that the state is about 97% Republican. I wish I could take my wife into moving there. To far away from grandkids.

Here at my farm, if.my neighbors see me headed to the woods they will run their 4 wheeler back and forth along the property line or start "target practicing". I have, at least 4 or 5 times a season, to call the DNR to come out since they are shooting onto my property.
Get a picture (video is best) of this and give a copy to your area DA. Tell them what's going on, and see what's next. I use trail cameras. You can't argue with pictures!