Anti Hunter Vandals

Muddyboots

So I mentioned in another thread had it happen. I was thinking it might be interesting to read what others have had happen.

I parked off side of road bowhunting at private land I had permission. Hunted there couple years no problem. Came out one Sat morning to find driver side scratched up and entire truck smeared with rotten veggies. Not too happy understatement.

In Michigan hunter harassment law been in place long time so I called CO and made report.

But stubborn is a strong trait so back again following weekend. I had to get out earlier since I was picking up son from Sat football bumps and bruises. I got into truck, didn't start because dropped keys on floor. 🤬 As result, out of sight from anyone. Which was fortunate. A car slowed down and blasted my truck with garbage! As it slowly went by, I looked at the two middle aged women eyeball to eyeball. Their eyes went bug eyed in sec and took off like bat out of hades. So there I go hauling butt to catch which I did somewhat easily, which I am sure terrified them. Before cell phones except I had a bag phone. Gotta be old to know them! I followed them for while until they turned down side road into small sub. They screamed into a driveway into a garage at pretty high speed. I am sure they couldn't stop at that speed so bet car was damaged. I went down their road around cul de sac and stopped in front of their house. I pulled out bag phone with a clip board I had in truck from I had from work. All they saw was me in front of their house on a new fangled phone nodding my head on a clip board taking notes.

Never had any more problems. I called CO and he took address for future issues.

When I guided goose hunts in NE IL, basically Chicago burbs, it wasn't uncommon for passer bys to stop and yell at us from the side of the road. Also they would call the cops on us all the time saying we were shooting houses like 1/4 mile away with a shotgun, yeah right. LEOs were always cool about it and we knew they were just doing thier jobs and had to check us if called, they knew better too. Couple times even had them jump into the pit a get a couple of them themselves if they were hunters lol. I mean, they were already there and all lol.

When I guided goose hunts in NE IL, basically Chicago burbs, it wasn't uncommon for passer bys to stop and yell at us from the side of the road. Also they would call the cops on us all the time saying we were shooting houses like 1/4 mile away with a shotgun, yeah right. LEOs were always cool about it and we knew they were just doing thier jobs and had to check us if called, they knew better too. Couple times even had them jump into the pit a get a couple of them themselves if they were hunters lol. I mean, they were already there and all lol.
When I was growing up, we sold a few acres to some folks from the city (I grew up very rural).
They lived probably 1/2 mile away, with woods and a large duck swamp between us, and they'd STILL call the Sheriff when we shot clay pigeons behind the barn!?
The Deputy wouldnt even stop and talk to us. He knew who we were and what we were doing.
He'd go next door and explain to those folks that they now live in the country and could expect gunfire.
Then, the next week, they'd call in again.
One time was similar to your story, they called my Dad and said their house was getting hit- from 1/4 mile away.
Of course, that was in the days of lead shot...