Antelope bow hunting thoughts

bigshow

Hello to all. I've been talking to 2 different outfitters about a antelope bow hunt. One in South Dakota and the other in Wyoming. My question is which state in yalls thought would be more enjoyable or worth going to? This is my first antelope hunt. The gentleman in Wyoming said mechanical and fixed broads would be could but the gentleman in South Dakota said he recommended fixed blade due to shooting threw blind windows/mess. As of right now I'm shooting game 100gr swhacker 2blade heads but have looked at the exdus broadheads for fixed blade. Both will be hunting in blinds over watering holes or feeding areas. Any thoughts for a new antelope hunter would be very much appreciated.

Wyoming is the state to go to for plenty of antelope and most areas are seeing an increase of animals after the last two good winters in most of the state.

I don't know how long I could sit in a blind. I've really grown fond of the spot and stalk methods used out west. If it was me, I'd definitely try spot and stalk behind a Montana Decoy. I've seen them do it on TV and it looks like an absolute blast. Good luck

I'm to tall and fat to do the spot n stalk method lol.. I'm also looking at getting a new bow.. I'm looking at the bear br33. I've got and older mathews right now. I'm just wanting something new. I've held the bear bow and it felt good and shot knew n it felt good. I've shot the new mathews halos 7.... I need a 32inch draw.

You are going to have trouble with that draw length and a short axle to axle bow. Try finding a bow with at least a 34 inch axle to axle lenght. That will also help accuracy on longer shots you may have to take Antelope hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.