Antelope hunting vehicle

If you know the terrain and where you are hunting, you could do the car thing, but it would be awful to not have a 4x4 truck and be new to WYO antelope hunting. I now know some places where I can park and walk in, but that was after spending days driving back roads scouting. I have a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 and felt pretty good about its abilities off road until I found out that it is a sub-compact when it comes to navigating off road in WYO! Most of the BLM roads are deeply rutted, and a smaller SUV will high center even with good size tires, plus the tracks are full size truck width apart, which means with a smaller SUV you have to straddle the ruts and scratch up the side of your car really bad! Ditto on the roads turning to snotty slick gumbo like you have never seen with the first hint of moisture! Good luck, and have fun. It is addictive and like nothing else in North America!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts