Another Year and no Moose or Sheep tags for me

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Troutslayer, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Troutslayer

Troutslayer Well-Known Member

The Montana drawing results are out. I may be 85 years old but sooner or later I WILL get picked.

2. Frank in the Laurel Mts

Frank in the Laurel Mts Well-Known Member

Don't bet toooooo much on the idea that sooner or later it will happen....85 may be a little on the light department...I hearing rumors that the ole' GRIZ population may have reached 600 in the "PARK" and they are thinking about have a draw tag season for them..I heard..don't know how much truth there is to it that the appication fee will be minimal BUT if you get drawn the tag is $5000.00..I guess that's cheap but I'm sure they'll make it by "guide only" and that'll add another $5000.00..guess we'll all just keep dreamin'...Good Luck

3. Thunder child

Thunder child Member

Troutslayer, My draw results are the same as yours, and I feel your pain.

4. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

For the first time in 3 years, I will not be going sheep hunting and it stinks! Once you do it once-you're hooked and need it every year! Maybe if the current tag holder for my area this year needs help, I will get to go. I know he needs all the help he can get!

5. getsmart

getsmart Well-Known Member

I too struck out for Moose and Sheep. Maybe that means I will draw a 380 elk tag.............well I can hope.

6. wyobmf

wyobmf Active Member

Yep me too, it sux but it will only get worse with the exploding griz and wolf populations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. littletoes

littletoes Well-Known Member

Do what we do around here, plaster you walls with the results after you get them in the mail. Soon you'll have a room done, and something to remember all that money by! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif