Another Wife Gun Thread

birdiemc

So I had ordered a couple Savages, one from Cabelad, one from Bass pro. Bass pro backordered me for eternity, Cabelas notified me it was ready for pickup 2 days later. So I loaded up the wife for date night and headed to Cabelas, yes I have the coolest wife in the world. When we got there I saw the same rifle Bass Pro backordered on me, so I called and cancelled my order and told the guy to pack it up...but then a lightbulb went off, I got clearance for the purchase with the intent of one being hers, so figured I would have her try it out and see if it was a good fit...her LOP is 12 1/4" mine is 15 5/8". Wouldn't you know it the Savage was too long, so on to the next one and the next and the next. Finally ended up with a Bergara B14 hunter in 6.5CM. So I went in to pick up a $419 gun with a $60 rebate and walked out the door with one that I didnt even bother looking at the price on...I just cried a little and handed them my debit card. So next year once I've saved up enough to put a scope on it I'll let you know how it shoots. Haha. I have to say though, so far I'm impressed, smooth bolt, stock is much better than the crap I'm used to on my savages and Remington, I like the integral recoil lug. I think I'm gonna be pleased, I mean she's gonna be pleased...

Actually, a little part of me was overcome with joy to spend that much on her rifle, cuz now she cant say crap about me buying a few cheap guns here and there to rework.

You do have a cool wife and I think she has the right guy. You are wise for your years because when it come to our ladies you can never go cheap !

Actually, a little part of me was overcome with joy to spend that much on her rifle, cuz now she cant say crap about me buying a few cheap guns here and there to rework.

Yeah, but now you've gone and set a precedent by buying her a Bergara instead of one of the "cheap guns" for reworking. You may very well be crying more than once. :D;)

Cool wife is a good thing. I have been looking for a light weight hunting rifle. The other day I was agonizing over two rifles that would possibly fit the bill. She says just buy them both. Now she knows I can't because I don't have enough money saved, but do like her thought process.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.