Another thread on scope decision... Vortex or leupold

Stomp,
You're on a first name basis with Vortex, I can say the same thing about Leupold. It's bad when I have a Tac rep's number and when I'd call he'd answer "Alright ——, what broke now?". I'm not talking about the lower end VX-2 scope mentioned either, I had sent my personal FFP Mk4 in 6 times over a two year period and finally (after them sending me two scope's to replace it) sold it for a huge loss just to get rid of it. As a Sniper Section Leader I had sent in so may failed scopes that I swore off Leupold.
As of late their newer offerings seem to be getting my attention, but no way would I recommend a VX2 over a Vortex Viper of any sort for long(er) range shooting. Step up to the newer VX3's and then ...maybe. It is more comparable than the VX2.
As for customer service, they have both been great in my experience. The best customer service has been Nightforce, because I've never had to use it!:D

Of those 2, as much as I hate to say it I'd go with the vortex. If you stepped up to the VX-3i, that would get my vote.

Ive had several vipers and VX2's. it seems as though to me that lower level tier are just not rock solid reliable on either brand.

Ive had to send back 2 vx2's for tracking and 2 vipers for the same reason.

I think it just comes down to the price point, if you want reliability your gonna have to pay a bit more.

VX6HD has been amazing, they really hit that one on the head. Love it for lightweight rifles, If it were me, I would save a little longer and spring for a new Vx3i, I never had any issues with vx3's, lord knows I have bought and sold a lot of em.

Thanks guys, I ended up going with the VX-3i 4.5-14x40 CDS with windplex. I like the two VX-3's that I have so figured I couldn't go wrong plus you guys helped confirm that. Thanks again.
Great choice! I tried a high end Vortex & you will never see a rifle of mine sporting one of them again. Total junk.
Thanks, Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts