Another pitfall to avoid.......

goodgrouper

Just passing on the word that if you're thinking of getting a Dlask muzzle brake, THINK AGAIN!

I just got an email from from DLask over a month after we had a problem with his brake. The first brake came and was promised to have holes in the end of it like a Vias but when it showed up it had no holes. When inquiring about the holes, Dlask claimed he "forgot" to put them in. Then it was sent back to get holes and was over 3 weeks late getting back. Then I go to shoot the gun, and a big chunk of the end of it disappears under fire. I took it to a metallurgist/machinist of 35 years to give me a diagnoses. The first word out of his mouth was "occlusion". The brake was too thin to drill holes into and was probably not x'rayed to see if there were any voids in the steel. So Dlask trys to tell my client that the brake was obstructed or not properly installed. Well, if the barrel was obsructed like he claims, there would be a whole lot more missing than an 1/8" long piece of brake! And the overbore of the end hole is .030" and the threads are long so even if the brake was loose all the way to the very last thread, there still would not be enough slack to bring the front of the brake over into the line of the bullet. And I know for a fact that there were no obstructions and the brake was on so tight that I couldn't get it off by hand.

The gunsmith who installed it has installed hundreds of brakes and I have watched him do it and he does it properly by dialing off center line of the bore.

So Dlask replaces the brake and surprise, surprise. The new brake has a thicker rim where the end holes are drilled! I wonder why?!

Then we think everything is good and a month or more passes and I get an email from this joker saying he "inspected" the brake and found copper in the void and wants a 50% reimbursement for the replacement brake!

Needless to say, Dlask will not be getting any more of my business and I hope none of you guys get suckered into this guy's lies.

BTW, when I checked his website, he made no mention on there that he even makes muzzle brakes. I wonder why.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.