Another great trip

midwesthunter

I had another great trip out west and was able to take three new antelope hunters and help them get their first antelope. I have also wanted to hunt antelope in the snow for a long time and was able to do that this year. Though the blowing snow caused its own visual issues. It was hard to get a good look at them and rangefinders were useless. Then add in the fact they were herding up and the groups averaged 30-50 head per heard, that's a lot of eyes to avoid. Wish I would have brought some snow camo along, always a fore thought. I should also note, I put 14 miles on my boots in two days of hunting, 9 the first day and 5 the second day.

First picture, buck on left scored 73-5/8,right scored 68-5/8. The buck in the green field was taken by the third hunter but due to being Amish, he can't have his picture taken. That buck scored 74-5/8. I was also able to take my new PB, scoring 78-7/8" proving that mass is king in this game. Not bad for a buck with 13" & 12-5/8" long horns.

image1571183022242.png 20191014_214740.jpg 20191014_214545.jpg 20191014_215502.jpg 20191014_215115.jpg

You maybe a redneck if you want to hunt goats in the snow.......a LOT different hunting them aint it?
Nice critters forbeing picked though a bit!

You maybe a redneck if you want to hunt goats in the snow.......a LOT different hunting them aint it?
Nice critters forbeing picked though a bit!

Its a lot different hunting them in the snow, I had never hunted them that late before, they were bunched up and very warry

Getting em in big bunches has gotta help with field judging though. Antelope are a fun hunt, just trying to guess them on score is the best part.

Great bucks! Looking to make my first trip to Wyoming this year with a couple of friends. That's a lot of walking, I will make sure I get some good boots!

Looks like a great hunt. Good on you for taking an Amish guy... honestly. We live in an Amish area and lots of folks are very discriminatory about them... for some unknown reason. I have a few that I consider friends and are hard-working family men with much integrity. I would drop whatever I was doing to help them and they would do the same. Some are scoundrels... just like the rest of us!

As to snow camo.....i head to the local hardware store and get a painter's coverall.....tyvek suit.....semi water proof..wind proof and extremely liteweight.......also rolls into a very small package....

On the other note of the Amish....thought fhey weren't allowed to use firearms......and traveling in vehicles is not suppose to happen......thats a long walk.....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.