Another Custom Bullet Company

Coming from Germany so shipping may be a bit far out but they have some really cool formulas drawn out on a piece of paper that look really impressive
Very intersting service. But they way they describe the process, does not sound like monos. Great service to offer however.

It was 1980, small college in Denver, remember buying the "FORTRAN" coding paper, then punching the cards and drawing a diagonal line on the edge. We turn them in by Friday, school turned them in to the State or maybe State University in Denver and got results back on Monday. We were told it was FORTRAN IV. Back then you had FORTRAN, COBOL and some version of BASIC if I recall. Diefferent School we had FORTRAN 77 (UCSD version?) in early 90's and yet another school, FORTRAN 95 (Windows version) later.
First degree Electrical, MS in Petroleum, saw all the garden spots, winter in ND and Siberia, summer in Arabian, Saharan and Gobi Deserts. I wouldn't change a thing.
Yep FORTRAN, COBOL and some version of BASIC back then. 77 started with the government. Then went to "90". Well WINDOWS after that.
Glad to see you got to travel from your education. Thanks for this conversation!!!
Len

OMG, making me ill recalling Fortran, COBOL and HP BASIC! 🤮

Wrote environmental programs to calculate stack sampling results. Wind rose outputs Plus other calcs. Dang that was longggg time ago. Heck retired since 2012!

My first coding experience was in college in 1980 programming a DEC VAX in Fortran IV. My ability to connect was via a 300 baud acoustic coupler. In my spare time I remember playing the mainframe version of Star Trek. Old School for sure.

Yep, some of us are old enough to have worked on main frames and FORTRAN IV. A lot of NASA programs are still in FORTRAN IV. The just have a modern interface to call on the subroutines. My first modem was 1200 BAUD

Fortran here too, but way, way later than y'all.
Guy in my class was a C++ programmer on the local Base, but they did enough heavy crunching that they called Fortran subs for the efficiency of it.
Instructor wrote a Fortran program that was a Fractal screen saver.
What was this thread about?