Another 6.5 PRC Question

Muddyboots

I have a 700 SA 300WSM in Magpul stock DM that has max COAL of 2.95 that I am thinking of rebarreling to 6.5 PRC. Hornady states 2.950 COAL on their site for the 143 ELDX so I have just about enough room if I tried to go this route. My concern is I can probably never anywhere close to the lands with this setup and was wondering about some of the other factory rifles COAL capability before I go down this rabbit hole and find a skunk?

Does anyone have a Savage 110 High Country in 6.5PRC and how much space in their DM versus jump to lands?

I have a 700 SA 300WSM in Magpul stock DM that has max COAL of 2.95 that I am thinking of rebarreling to 6.5 PRC. Hornady states 2.950 COAL on their site for the 143 ELDX so I have just about enough room if I tried to go this route. My concern is I can probably never anywhere close to the lands with this setup and was wondering about some of the other factory rifles COAL capability before I go down this rabbit hole and find a skunk?

Does anyone have a Savage 110 High Country in 6.5PRC and how much space in their DM versus jump to lands?
There's a Facebook group dedicated to the 6.5prc. 95% the shooters there are all running 2.95" or less coal. A lot of them having good luck with handloads. The 2.95" works fine with Hornady bullets as the bearing surface is long. I believe the ogive is about 0.050" off the lands in factory ammo at the 2.95" length. Bergers have no problem jumping.

For $170 and 6-8 week wait you can have your own reamer made to your specs. It takeS up some case Capacity decreasing the freebore but with h4350 I have no case cap problems with my 300 wsm hunting guns.

For $170 and 6-8 week wait you can have your own reamer made to your specs. It takeS up some case Capacity decreasing the freebore but with h4350 I have no case cap problems with my 300 wsm hunting guns.
There are a lot of smith's that already have shorter throat reamers for the 6.5 prc. You can rent on from 4D that's a 130 freebore.
https://4drentals.com/product/6-5-prc-g-a-precision/

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.