Another 6.5-06 question

This is all funny. When the LRAB came out there was a lot of negatives about the bearing surface and weight of the bullets for multiple calibers. Now it sound like the same for the ELDX. My on experience with the LRAB 6.5mm I think which are the 139 grain is they were hard to tune and the bullets had a lot inconsistent weight and bearing surface, I was running them against the berger 140 VLD's. They soon became my warm up loads and I'm just shooting rock loads. The berger 140's is what my standard was and from box to box I never had to do any sorting. This being said I struggled in my 300 Rum to get the 210VLD to shoot good but not due to bullet inconstenties. Good for me is 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. This is just what I use for all my reloading standards in the factory rifle's I reload for. For my 300 RUM I run the 220 ELD-X which has been the easiest bullet I have ever had to tune. Probably was luck but my first load up of them they shot a little better than 1/2 MOA at 200. For as longer range I ran them out to about 1200 yards with good results. I took a mule deer at 761 last year with no issues. I've currently been through 2 boxes of them and did not change the load at all and had same results out of each box. For as my wife's rifle 243 I use the 87grn VLD bergers. It has a 1-10 twist and did not like the 95 VLD's. The 87's shoot dime size groups. Wife took here mule deer this Friday with them. I will say this out of all the bullets I shot bergers are the most consistent for weight, bearing surface, and over all length. The Eldx have been right behind them as well as the match kings. I'm sure there are some other bullet companies I haven't tried that make great bullets but for me this is about the 3 top that I shoot for fun and for hunting that give great consistant accuracy from box to box. One last note the actual design of the LRAB and what it is supposed to do seems to be a great constructed bullet. Just need to be held to a more consistent tolerance.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.