Annealing

If it has not split or cracked is it ok. I got 300 RUM cases I have reloaded several time with hot loads. I then put a new barrel on the the reloads will not chamber. This brass has never been annealed.

If it has not split or cracked is it ok. I got 300 RUM cases I have reloaded several time with hot loads. I then put a new barrel on the the reloads will not chamber. This brass has never been annealed.
The problem is the new barrel unless it was the identical reamer most people have this problem the most common cure is a small base die if you have a lot of brass or just new brass

Basically you're just not getting them sized down small enough for the new chamber anealing would soften the brass and help it size better but this is a very common problem when using two different reamers the chamber dimensions actually vary enough to cause this problem

When I first started out with my first rifle in 338 Lapua and my very first replacement custom barrel which was a BART line I had the exact same problem the Smith asked me how much brass did I have at that time I only had 50 pieces he should throw it away and buy a new brass if I had four or 500 pieces he would recommend a small base die

Sorry I just read back to your post earlier to answer your question yes if it is not split or cracked and the primer pockets are still tight it is still workable

I cant see the whole picture, but maybe they won't chamber because they have not been bumped back enough for the new chamber.

Well there's a good thing to check measure the length of the new unfired bras compared to your fired brass and note the difference rick also had a good comment on headspace you need at least .002

Paint the body of the die with a black sharpie and try to chamber it it will rub off the ink if it shows at the bottom you need the small bass die if not it could be head space

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.