Annealing?

I don't trust the heat until it glows red method. I was recently annealing some adg brass with a flame. I put some 700 degree tempilaq inside the case neck to see how close to 700 degrees before it turns red. The tempilaq burned off after approximately 2 seconds and I cooked that thing at least another 5 seconds and it never turned red.
well, get some 750 and some 400 put a streak of 400 from the base of brass up half way and now try it if you cook any 400 then unsafe it takes my two-torch set up 3 1/2 sec to do a case and will do 100 in under 30 mins, but if one that is done miss your drop container do not try to grab. it

For anyone that needs brass annealed at AMP-quality but doesn't have one, I have a MKII and offer the service for $.15/case, or $.25/case if you want them deprimed and wet tumbled first. I run Aztec on one average-weight case, and use that setting for the rest of the brass. I have a ton of pilots already and turn around time is less than a week. I have been doing this for about a dozen folks already.

Feel free to PM with questions.

IMG_5008.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5008.jpeg
    IMG_5008.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 11
'm going to build a case annealer,
I'm an AMP guy, but with the ease of making induction annealers now that they've been around for awhile I would choose making one over flame or salt bath. There's no way a timer-controlled electric function is less consistent than flame, especially if you have to manually control time or are using with 1# canisters and/or low-cost torches.

Disclaimer: Please note I said LESS consistent. That's a negative statement. I didn't make a positive statement that induction is somehow better. Before you say anything about this, please go pull up any of the bajillion AMP threads where AMP themselves says flame annealing is the best alternative to induction, and (perhaps unintentionally) gives a significant amount of data that supports salt bath being a good method for wildcatters. Everything can have a place y'all.

I usually build or modify all out reloading equipment. i was going to build my "Induction Annealer" There is no way you can get the technology that is built into an AMP II when building a DYI Induction out of an Automotive Bolt Heater.
I went and bought an AMP II and it is so easy to get the proper annealing for all your different Brass cartridges.

For anyone that needs brass annealed at AMP-quality but doesn't have one, I have a MKII and offer the service for $.15/case, or $.25/case if you want them deprimed and wet tumbled first. I run Aztec on one average-weight case, and use that setting for the rest of the brass. I have a ton of pilots already and turn around time is less than a week. I have been doing this for about a dozen folks already.

Feel free to PM with questions.

View attachment 570026
Is the $0.15 per case return shipped also?
Are you a Business that you are promoting?

Split a good unit with several friends and you will never regret it.
Especially the ones that analyze and give the CORRECT setting for the cases.
I wouldn't spend my money on an AMP. I anneal with an Annealeez. It works, it anneals, it is very consistent. Results are just so-so. Worth $300…..not worth $1500 to me.

Amazon has tempilaq marking pens that would be easier to use, and cheaper too.
I don't know from experience, but I read comments on another forum, from posters I trust that something doesn't work with they.

Honestly, I just use flame-Aztec…..that is dial it up until it turns red, then back it off 1-2 settings until the red just goes away.

Is the $0.15 per case return shipped also?
Are you a Business that you are promoting?
It does not include return shipping, but I use a site that gives commercial pricing to anyone for free (pirateship.com)

Nope, not a business. Just a guy who loves all things reloading and looking to use the tools more often!

Amp just seems easier and less to screw up. Maybe getting one of the flame machines set up right is easier than I think, but to me the amp looks easier, and that comes with a price