Annealeez...getting started

nksmfamjp

So how do I get started?

seems like I confirm feeding of like 5 cases with the torch pointing at the neck shoulder angled away from wheels. Then set it up for a quick 3 sec rotate period. Then slow until 750 F tempilaq indicates 750F is reached on inside of neck?

Any more tips/tricks?

Can I do without loosing a case?

what happens if I Anneal a case twice? Like anneal, cool to room temp, anneal again?

I would take some random range pickup brass to get the speed dialed in and then not worry about it. You can anneal multiple times but for consistency it's nice to keep a batch the same start to finish

Well, got it started...used 750 Tempilaq.

My settings were 25mm neck to torch to case neck. 28-30mm flame cone length. 54% on the speed control....I need to check the time in flame on that....I think 4sec

these settings were right for 30'06 and 300 WSM.

My setup method. Apply Tempilaq on both sides of case from center of case body to mouth on 2 sides and inside mouth of 6 cases.

Set torch angle, position and flame length.

Run 2 cases fast like 80% to see torch position on cases.

Run 2 cases at like 65%. Look at Tempilaq in mouth.

if not melting, slow down 2%, and run 2 repeat.

As soon as the inside melts, run them all and confirm heat signature in the Tempilaq....it should go to just below the shoulder.

This might help. I just did these this morning. Slower is better. You only need a little Tempilaq inside neck. I could not uploaded the video.
IMG_20191123_105431700.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.