Angle indicator to cosine convertion chart

pyroducksx3

My ballistic program only accepts angle degree values and not cosine so I have purchased an angle degree indicator (nightforce) vs the cosine version. I was hoping though that since my gps has a calculator on it that I could make a table and put that in on my shooting chart with the formula to correct for angle of the shot, if for some reason my ballistic computer crashes/loss of power(IPOD w/fte). Does anyone has a table like this I cant find one on the net also the formula would be great, that's easy to fing but it might be nice to have this all in one place. An example of what I mean, hopefully it makes sense.

75=?
70=?
65=?
60=?
55=?
50=?
45=?
40=?
35=?
30=?
25= ?
20= 94
15= 96
10= 98
5= 99
0= 0
5= 99
10= 98
15= 96
20= 94
25=?
30=?
35=?
40=?
45=?
55=?
60=?
65=?
70=?
75=?

and formula is cosine number (X) times yards (y) (.x) x (y)= corrected distance, I
think?

I did the same thing once bc my software accepts degrees but I use aci's. I realized my phone would grab the angle for me. Depending on your phone you too may have that capability. If not you can use a scientific calculator if you have one or just google a conversion chart.

This may not help you,but someone else.If you already have a ACI, the numbers that are listed on it are in 5 degree increments.Imade a cheat chart for a friend of mine based off this.Not looking at aci or I would give example.

Ok went out and looked at ACI.tHIS IS COS to angle.99=5,98=10,96=15,94=20,91=25,87=30,82=35,77=40,70=45,64=50,57=55,50=60,42==65,34=70,26=75

With a scientific calulator simply hit your desired degrees and the cos button amd youll be good to go

Or you could sell all that stuff, including your present rangefinder and purchase a G7 rangefinder that measures angle, along with atmospheric conditions, and gives you a correct shoot-to range. If you are an MOA shooter, you can get corrections expressed in MOA. It's much faster than any cheat sheet I've ever used. Very happy with the G7 unit. You can do a search on it here at LRH.
I have a NIB ACI I would like to sell, if anyone is interested.

Being in Mt. I have hunted alot of the same spots for 20 years and have a good idea on yardage.My lazer doesnt read 1/2 the time Im out in mountain weather,some time old and simple works.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.