Android Or Iphone

Boy, there sure are a lot of Apple "kool-aid drinkers" out there.:D No one likes the Android?? Just proves the "cult" following of Apple.

Before I start getting hate mail....... I'm only kidding, kind of, anyway. I am writing this on a MAC and have had an Iphone. So I'm certainly not anti Apple.

That said, the Android platform has more phones out than the Iphone. The Iphone will not do 4gLTE service so if you don't want speeds of 15 to 30 meg then stick with the SLOW Iphone.

Shooter, and BulletFlight are both available on Android and are the best phone based programs out there.

I am using a Droid Razer which has a larger better screen, it is less than half as thick, and weighs less than half of an Iphone. So for all you Iphone robots out there, go ahead and stick with an overpriced underperforming phone just so you can look cool and tell everyone, "yeah, I'm with it cause I gotta Iphone........ :):D:D:D

My son has had a few issues with his droid X, but he loads tons of pics.. like thousands, and many many apps and music and crap. I have been using Droid x for a year now. It has worked flawlessly. The only thing I use it for is "Shooter" phone and GPS. The screen is large and Ican see it without glasses.

I like it! But I will look at my sons new i-phoe and see if it has anything to offer me.

Jeff

Boy, there sure are a lot of Apple "kool-aid drinkers" out there.:D No one likes the Android?? Just proves the "cult" following of Apple.

Before I start getting hate mail....... I'm only kidding, kind of, anyway. I am writing this on a MAC and have had an Iphone. So I'm certainly not anti Apple.

That said, the Android platform has more phones out than the Iphone. The Iphone will not do 4gLTE service so if you don't want speeds of 15 to 30 meg then stick with the SLOW Iphone.

Shooter, and BulletFlight are both available on Android and are the best phone based programs out there.

I am using a Droid Razer which has a larger better screen, it is less than half as thick, and weighs less than half of an Iphone. So for all you Iphone robots out there, go ahead and stick with an overpriced underperforming phone just so you can look cool and tell everyone, "yeah, I'm with it cause I gotta Iphone........ :):D:D:D

I got the iPhone bc all of my buddies said I was behind the times w/o one! I got sucked in!! I have no loyalty and frankly don't know diddly about any of the new smart phones.

I was told by a former Apple employee that the iPhone is nothing more than the iPod with a cheap phone in it. No? Yes?

I would really like some advice from you guys who are long time users so I can decide by the end of this month. My wife is convinced she wants an iPhone but that's bc her cousin and mom have them.

This whole discussion will likely be irrelevant since the pace of advances in this space is moving so fast that whatever we are using today will be outdated in a year more or less. For using a ballistic app, doesn't matter much as they can all handle this rather
mundane software requirement. I happen to use and like the I Phone because I have used it for a couple of years and it's dead nuts reliable and has a lot of other additional apps that I can take advantage of. Probably would have felt the same if I had used a Droid except there were no decent apps and the platform was primative back then. As to the significance of the market share of the Droids.....+90% of rifle shooters use factory ammo.....

Now thats some funny stuff right there!:D
Guys, I seriously know less than nothing about these smart phones. I really like the advantage of having a bigger screen. I had my eyes fixed so I could see better at long distances. Now I cannot see up close without my bifocals. I do not give a hoot about brands, I do not need music, movies or local shopping mall conditions. I need a phone, GPS, Internet (So I can see what you guys are talking about) and ballistic software. That is it nothing more.

I just spoke with a tech at Verizon store. They have the Razor in stock and it is a $100.00 cheaper. Don't really care about the 100 bucks. I tried to buy the Iphone 32mb but could not get it until the end of month. Went with the 64mb only because I could get it by Wednesday.

Anyway lots of opinions, Droid Razor or Iphone? I can have Razor today :rolleyes:.

Now thats some funny stuff right there!:D
Guys, I seriously know less than nothing about these smart phones. I really like the advantage of having a bigger screen. I had my eyes fixed so I could see better at long distances. Now I cannot see up close without my bifocals. I do not give a hoot about brands, I do not need music, movies or local shopping mall conditions. I need a phone, GPS, Internet (So I can see what you guys are talking about) and ballistic software. That is it nothing more.

I just spoke with a tech at Verizon store. They have the Razor in stock and it is a $100.00 cheaper. Don't really care about the 100 bucks. I tried to buy the Iphone 32mb but could not get it until the end of month. Went with the 64mb only because I could get it by Wednesday.

Anyway lots of opinions, Droid Razor or Iphone? I can have Razor today :rolleyes:.

Like I said, I was mainly just messing with everyone. Both are good phones, and both will run the ballistic apps just the same. It really comes down to a "Ford vs Chevy" thing.

Early on, there were not a lot of apps for the Android phones, that has changed now. Pretty much anything available for one is available for the other.

I have been using Android based phones for about 3 years and have had my Droid Razer for a couple of months. It works great, and I like it better than the Iphone. That is my opinion, but don't let me talk you into anything. Both do apps, email, internet and of course they still make phone calls. :rolleyes:

I recommend considering what you use the phone for.

First of all, I am not an Apple Fan-boy. I find many "Apple people" disagree with private gun ownership. That aside, I had a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone that was just not usable.
  • I needed to make calls without fat-fingering the keypad while driving.
  • I did not want to unlock the keypad again to press 1 for English.
  • I wanted to easily get a map with traffic on it, while driving.
  • I wanted a phone with GPS where the GPS worked without cell coverage.
  • I wanted a camera that would take good pictures, not just sell the megapixel

A number of people had iPhones at work and I am able to do all of that on my 4s. White was all that was available at the time and I hate while. The phone does what I want though.

The resale on my Samsung Omnia was $4. iPhones have higher resale and as there are not 100s of varieties, it is a little more stable. Can you get what I wanted with an Android? - quite possibly, but I don't know.

Well ok...the above quoted comment is exactly what I wanted to say as well. Word for word!

so, ME TOO (what he said).

So what's the answer? iPhone or android??

Well ok...the above quoted comment is exactly what I wanted to say as well. Word for word!

so, ME TOO (what he said).

So what's the answer? iPhone or android??
Same question but I have no service where I hunt, and want minimal for packing.Now I have small windmeter and use cos. on rifle,carry small calc.

I have an iPhone 3GS and am petty happy with it. I run Ballistic (regular and tactical flavors). I use Ballistic all the time for work and play. The JBM software engine is solid. Not say'in it's the best, but it works well for me.

I use camera, weather and GPS/topo map apps when I hunt/shoot. Forum apps are pretty addictive too.

I have to actively manage the battery charge, which means run the GPS only when absolutely necessary.

One of the big benefits of the android is the open operating system. If you're not a geek who has the time and desire to exploit that feature, however, the iPhone is very slick.

This product space changes fast. I'm holding off on upgrading to a 4S to see if there are any problems with that model. Meanwhile I upgraded my wife's iPhone to a 4S - I'm letting her be the guinea pig.

there are some things I like better about the i phone, but IMO the app store is better on android now days. for me I own a business that has about 3 different numbers forward to my cell phone. The problem is my phone gets about 7-8 calls from toll free numbers and unavailable numbers a day. Android has an app that shuts all this crap down. I can't find anything comparable to it in the apple market. Also google has some nice features that don't work as good with apple. I like to use google calender and I am not sure it will sync with apples phone.

as a pure phone I like apples graphics and the way the phone runs better. Also on the apple app market there seems to be more rip off apps with apple. I also prefer the larger screen of the droid X or bionic over the smaller i phone. One last thing is for some reason the keyboard on my droid X seems to hit the wrong letter ALOT, the smaller i phone for some reason is a ton easier for me to type on. If I could get android apps to run on an i phone I would get the i phone, but not having that call blocking app is a deal breaker for me.

If you really want an awesome phone cover for your IPhone, take a look at the Griffin Technology IPhone cover. It has a a plastic inner case that goes over the IPhone and also has a plastic screen that goes over your IPhone screen. It also has the outter rubber molding protection that the otterbox has but it is a little thicker and offers more protection. The one option that it has that sold me on it is that it has a camera lens cover that goes over the rear camera. This helps keep the camera lens free of dirt and debris while you are hunting and keeps anything from scratching the camera. If you want to take a picture then you just pull back the rubber piece that covers the camera and hold it back while you take a picture and then put it back in place. Super ruggid for people like us that hunt or do some dirty work.

iPhone 4. Love it. Never had any issues. I run the Bullet Flight app on it and it is great. My friend just switched from android to the iPhone and one of his worries was that he wasn't going to have the google integration with the iPhone that he had with the droid X. He made the switch to iPhone and can do everything with google that he had going on his droid including direct gmail, and google calendar integration with his iPhone calendar.

Also, if you are still on the fence and want to wait another 6 months or so apple might have out the iPhone 5 which is rumored to be 4G LTE capable, with larger screen, faster processor, etc....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts