An Old Classic Updated For The Modern Man

BallisticsGuy

I have this notion that just because something is old doesn't mean it's no good. I like flat bottom actions, I like controlled round feed, I like standing ejectors, I like 3 position safeties. In short, I like Mausers. I would shoot nothing but Mausers if there was a decent chassis for them but there doesn't seem to be any such thing, until now. All the goodness of modern stock design and one of the best rifles ever created. Yeah, lock time is a little long but everything else is just right.

e338e6fa-e3f7-4232-a259-9ab3a006ffd4.jpg

Nice fit and a bubble level.

be6260ab-7d16-4740-b87a-1b11b738cef8.jpg

The grip actually can be adjusted forward or rearward to get reach to the trigger just right. It's got adjustable butt pad height, length of pull and cheek rest height too. Cheek rest adjustment is tool less if I don't lock it with the set screws.

68d35d4b-69b1-4c54-a324-ccdc41b30b6f.jpg

Can't wait to try this bad boy out.

I would shoot nothing but Mausers if there was a decent chassis for them but there doesn't seem to be any such thing, until now.

O.K. Is this self-made and we have to beg for information or is there a link we can use to find the information for ourselves? Inquiring minds want to know...:rolleyes:;)

A good friend of mine and I wanted to solve the problem for ourselves. He owns a machining company and is an accomplished long range shooter himself. He'd had a nice chassis for Howa and Tikka rifles and naturally Mauser 98's came up so he decided to crank a couple out. We discussed the possibility that others might end up wanting one since the available options are nearly zero and he's amenable to the idea but so far it's really just personal use.

LMK what details you want and I'll fill you in as best I can. Here's a pic of another rifle (I think this one is a howa) in basically the same chassis. The latest revision of the chassis has a slightly modified fore end so it'll work with arca rails.

img_3885-1-e1568556455653.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.