Ammo coming back

Ammo may be headed back to the shelf. Hopefully reloading components follow. However, I cannot continue to shoot much longer if the prices do not go back somewhere close to where prices were 18 months ago. I purchased plenty of the Hornady ELD-X 143gr bullets at $39-$42 per box of 100 from just about any of the popular retailers. Six weeks ago, MidwayUSA.com priced theirs at $49/box. I bought their limit of two boxes. Just last week, MidwayUSA.com had jumped to roughly $54/box - $5 per box in less than 7 weeks. My math says that is a 10% increase in just 7 weeks, or annualized to 60% increase. I gave MidwayUSA.com an ear-full. Disappointedly, MidwayUSA.com was the only retailer having the dire-needed bullet. So, I paid the $49 seven weeks ago. But I had to pass on the $54 box - if nothing else, on the basis of principle.

A few places here that are gouging . Not Murdoch's and Wal Mart. Murdoch's lots of ammo and powder and primers offer. They both limit you . I don't need any but shop a pick up good deal. $16 for 50 9mm etc.

Last edited:
Today I saw 300 PRC ammo for 52 a box and 9mm for 38.99 a box. Prices are all over the place.

Prices will stabilize when shelves FILL UP because the people who panicked and bought up more than they will use in three lifetimes won't be buying much for a while.

Midway has now priced their BR 4 primers at $121/thousand, even though they don't have them.

I got them for $150 on GB (I know, don't feed the gougers, but got a new rifle and I'm not getting any younger).