Air gunning

Scotts 66

Heyall, does anyone on here use an air gun to hunt varmints? I've used them for a while for ground squirrels and rabbits. It makes great practice to shoot an air rifle over 100 yards for accuracy. I recently got into PCP airguns, shoot all day for pennies. LOL

Attachments

• 20230225_174004.jpg
    20230225_174004.jpg
    876.9 KB · Views: 52
I have tried to build up my "mad money" from swapping and selling just to buy a PCP. I was just about there and a "deal" for powder burner came up. Going to play with it this summer and hopefully flip and get back after the PCP.

I've dipped my toes in the water of the PCP game when things got expensive and was shooting less. I have a Hatsan Hydra and a Chinese air compressor about 750 for both not too bad at all compared to my powder burners.

There is always something to spend your money on in the world of shooting and hunting. I wish I had a range suitable for center fire in my back yard. PCP would keep me sharp and keep the neighbors from complaining. I've got a 45 minute drive to my closest range and long range shooting is much farther. Oh well, I better get my lazy but up and go gas up the truck.

There is always something to spend your money on in the world of shooting and hunting. I wish I had a range suitable for center fire in my back yard. PCP would keep me sharp and keep the neighbors from complaining. I've got a 45 minute drive to my closest range and long range shooting is much farther. Oh well, I better get my lazy but up and go gas up the truck.
I got 400. If you ever feel like driving to Cypress inn Tennessee. Nothing fancy though.
4E8821A4-8256-4916-8E56-80AAB487D22D.jpeg

I got 400. If you ever feel like driving to Cypress inn Tennessee. Nothing fancy though.View attachment 446148
You are blessed. One day I may take you up on that. The Range session today was a little nuts. First time out with the new suppressor. It was tough to settle down with multiple people doing mag dumps and shooting SBR's all around me.

You are blessed. One day I may take you up on that. The Range session today was a little nuts. First time out with the new suppressor. It was tough to settle down with multiple people doing mag dumps and shooting SBR's all around me.
Very quiet here 99% of the time you and I would be the only people that can be heard shooting at all. One downside is I shoot off of a portable picnic table as I have not built my concrete bench yet.

My first PCP was an FX Maverick VP in .25. Took it to South Dakota for prairie dogs, along with several other rifles. Punched some dogs out to 165 yds max with 25gr pellets. Mostly took closer shots with it and the farther shots with a 17 MachII.
I just sold the Maverick and plan to replace it with an FX Panthera or an Edgun Leshiy, either one in .22 caliber as it seems to be the most versatile. It will be for squirrels, starlings, pigeons and some paper punching.
These things are crazy accurate with some practice and learning their ballistics.