Age this guy.

and to get a more honest guess on age you need better pictures, of the side, the pic's you have are iffy at best for guessing age!
nice buck though with potential, pending your goals!

How about this? Just came in.
IMG_20220722_203422.jpg

I hunt with a good friend in Uvalde and he has a tremendous breeding program there so we must ID signs of maturity and possible future horn development.
The face also gives some information where the eyes begin to spread and bulge somewhat @ around the 3 1/2 and the nose bridge begins to gradually hump around the 4 1/2 +

I hunt with a good friend in Uvalde and he has a tremendous breeding program there so we must ID signs of maturity and possible future horn development.
The face also gives some information where the eyes begin to spread and bulge somewhat @ around the 3 1/2 and the nose bridge begins to gradually hump around the 4 1/2 +
I'm no pro. I have to learn this for his ranch because his genetics are thru the roof as he control breeds captured does and some of those young buck have ridiculous horn sets at 2 1/2. We can only shoot naturally bred mature bucks so we have to be able to age them. He has pamphlets with pictures thru the maturation process in every stand! lol

But as I see it... your deer quality seems really good. Young deer with really good sets of horns.

Thank you for your help. I am absorbing everything.

The 67 acre place is 45 minutes from my house. A friend searched extensively in a mile radius, no visible shooting blinds. All season last year I never heard a shot when I hunted that big 6 pointer I posted till almost the end of the season. He was very elusive, no habitual pattern nor time of movement for me to ambush him. He finally exposed its back about 20 minutes left in the legal hour. Shot it from 240 yards.

With age comes the dip behind the withers and the sag in the belly... just as you'd see with aging horses.
Those become more visible past 5. They've definitely seen their better days when this characteristic becomes obvious at a glance. Short teeth and loss of teeth are certain at that point as well.
Naturally, as someone else pointed out, feed and nutrition has a lot to do with how long they hold up.
Just offering what I'm remembering from the guide we follow.

How about this? Just came in.
View attachment 381192
its still a hard to see deal for me, and I know its not a perfect world to get things on camera to see
but full on side shots, that can show body lines and belly, typically are best for guessing age
and again, area matters, some deer with very good genetic
's can fill in faster than others, and can work the other way
but I;d guess and say he's a 3+yr old deer, since born in late May or sometime in June , not quite the 1/2 yr extra HAHA!
As its only July now, be that 1/2 yr extra mark come late fall early winter
but again, a nice buck for sure, best of luck if its one your after!