Looking forward to hunting this guy

Looks like he will gross closer to 190 or 200 to me. I am pretty sure this one will beat 180 as well
92DD9025-8BD6-4470-A54F-F6BD06508965.jpeg

Attachments

• E43CB105-9246-4817-B749-B40BBB295006.jpeg
    E43CB105-9246-4817-B749-B40BBB295006.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 133
Wow best of luck. When I found a certain buck that was crazy huge for NJ I have been after him for 8 years and still unsuccessful. Think this is year 9. Could but 8. Not sure anymore. Still get pictures every year. He only showed 2 times during hunting season during legal shooting time. Obviously I wasn't there.

So I wish you all the best and post up some pictures when u get him

Gross is minus deductions. Records are "Net" score after deductions provided they are typical antlers. He looks like he could score either way but obviously he'd lose alot of inches in deductions going the typical route.

445 super mag It would be incredible if you are hunting the same buck that you started out hunting. You said he was big when you started hunting him which means he was probably 4 yrs old. 8 yrs later would put him at 12 yrs old. That's incredibly rare in the wild. Hope you get him before he dies of old age.
Shep

Wow best of luck. When I found a certain buck that was crazy huge for NJ I have been after him for 8 years and still unsuccessful. Think this is year 9. Could but 8. Not sure anymore. Still get pictures every year. He only showed 2 times during hunting season during legal shooting time. Obviously I wasn't there.

So I wish you all the best and post up some pictures when u get him

Must be near the Salem plant to live that long.

That for sure is a bruiser. He's going to be 180s. And it's your first whitetail. Gonna spoil you if you get him. My grandfather shot a big 10 point for his first deer. He said he wouldn't shoot another unless it was bigger. When he died a few yrs back his count was 1. First deer spoiled him for life.
Shep

That for sure is a bruiser. He's going to be 180s. And it's your first whitetail. Gonna spoil you if you get him. My grandfather shot a big 10 point for his first deer. He said he wouldn't shoot another unless it was bigger. When he died a few yrs back his count was 1. First deer spoiled him for life.
Shep
Shep

IF... I get him, I'll be ok if I never kill another Whitetail ;)

Defiance: chasing a dream buck adds so much more to the hunt and keeps you in the "game" a lot longer due to the added focus. I've been chasing one for 3 years and do not have a pic but have seen him 3x without getting a shot 🤬. I was fortunate to kill a good one despite holding out for him as long as I could which rarely happens to me! Usually I eat "tag soup" when I am chasing a good one. At least you have pics which helps immensely! All I can say is post up the 100 plus pics you will take killing him!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts