Advice on rifles!

matt_3479

I got a big interest in long range hunting and shooting about a year ago and have been practicing as much as i can with what i have. I currently have a good shooting factory remington 7mm mag and a good shooting factory browning 300. wsm. I ended up trying to set up the browning due to my lack of knowledge at the time and never decided to switch it over. My little brother offered me money for it. So i have a few different options on my mind; i will be going to school in september (college) so most of my money is tied up right now but i have put a little aside for hunting and guns.

Option one: Sell the browning to my little brother and take the money i have and buy a remington or savage in a 300. win mag and set it up as my long range hunting rig. (love the 30. cal's for big game hunting) and when the money comes around fully custom it.

Option two: take the money from selling my browning to my brother and take that money and put what work i can into my 7mm and use that as my primary long range hunting/long range rig.

I have a Vortex Viper PST that will be put on whichever route i go. I will be getting Nightforce rings and base when the guns come back and that is my start on optics. I dont have a lot of money to work with so if i went route one i was thinking of getting a 300. win mag in a Sendero and then a little bit of trigger work. If i stick with the 7mm then im going to need a little bit more work. not sure what though. some advice would be great!!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.