Looking for advice on building a custom rifle

Sounds good to me 7RUM. Do you have anyone who is going to paint your stock for you or is that one you have already? That custom stick should be one heck of a good shooter after you get it dialed in. You dicided not to go w/a Badger brake? I see you're in NC, what part? We can go to Hawks Ridge. Maybe we can hit ole Chris up for some "Sponsor" money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If you are in NC, by all means talk to Dave Tooley. He is one of the premier BR smiths in the world. He is also on the cutting edge of things in the 1k Br world. Dave has some very strong opinions on bullets and cases in particular and he is proven right more times than anyone else. You would be well advised to listen to his recommendations if you want to build a 1k BR gun. Dave wins more than his share of matches.

First thing, consider buy a custom action such as Python for $1000 and that price includes trigger guard ($60) and tapered rings ($130). Can be had in RB/LP or dual port for speed of shooting.

I have gone the 700 route for 1k Br and after sleeving action, truing etc costs as much as custom action and worth half and not near as fast or clean.

BH

Thanks for the info BH! I'm not trying to get too serious right now until I see if it's something I want to pursue more aggressivly. Maybe once I shoot a few matches I will like it and then will decide if I need something more serious.
Thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.