adjustable base to 100 MOA

you want pics, you got pics

VGA1.jpg

VGA2.jpg

I thought it was a cool idea too. Great I guess if you know the exact range the target will be at. 10 positions, so how about setting them at 100 yard intervals from 100 to 1000. What happens when you range the target at 867 yards? Set the base at 800 yards and hold over (not a guess I want to make)? Click your dope from there (now I need to know dope for 10 different zeroes)?

The best use for it in a hunting world would be to have it set for your zero for your 10 favorite loads, that is if they all center on the vertical axis. The VGM does not adjust for horizontal, only vertical. I don't know about you, but very few of my loads stay perfectly in the vertical plane.

I took the VGM off and now use a 20MOA EGW base.

Weatherby Accumark $1700
Variable Gantry Scope Mount $550
Tasco scope from eBay $80
The look on your face right now, priceless!

Rocky
(no, I didn't keep the Tasco on the rifle. I did it for a torture test, but it did hold up very well.)

There is a local competition for me that shoots at 100, 200, 300 and 440 yards. It would be great for that once I dial it in.

The other drawback I found is the scope height. Without an adjustable or add on cheek piece, it is impossible to get a good weld.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.