Actions with integral rail and lug vs without

The Oregonian

I have actions with and without the integral rail - MOA and Borden do not and my Defiance Deviant gun is almost finished, and it will have rail and lug machined as part of the action.

From what I understand based off of memory, the cost is very close between the two when rail and lug are added.

For those that go with say and AnTi vs AnTi-X (or other similar action), what factors were involved in the decision, and why did you go without integral rail and lug? Maybe my cost guess is wrong and one of cheaper?

Probably just a preference. I'm not sure you agin anything. I don't care for the rail mainly because I like to be able to pick my moa or run Talley style on lite weight. But again not sure it matters. Although unless it's built out of titanium I would say the ones machined into the action would be heavier. They would be steel as most rails are aluminum. Lugs same way cause those could be ti. If weight is not an issues I don't think it would matter.

I bought the anti over the antiX. I wanted an integral lug because it's lined up and I didn't need to pin it to ensure it doesn't move rotationally at the shot over time. I went with a pinned rail to have more versatility in where I set my scope mounts along that rail.