Integral recoil lug pictures?

birdiemc

I've been thinking a lot about recoil lugs and design lately. It's sometimes hard to find good pictures on the net, lots of mislabeling and without extensive knowledge of various actions it's impossible to know if what I'm looking at is correctly labeled, or lots of times the pictures just dont capture a good angle to really see the lug well. So I'm curious if folks wouldn't mind sharing which actions have integral lugs and if you have pictures maybe share those as well. Factory and customs alike. Just really interested in how different mfrs are doing them.

One example,go to Defiance Machine.Rebel,no lug built in it will be obvious.Deviant, different options,lug,and rail,All one piece,milled out of solid.They have great pictures

One example,go to Defiance Machine.Rebel,no lug built in it will be obvious.Deviant, different options,lug,and rail,All one piece,milled out of solid.They have great pictures
The rebel actions on the Defiance website are pictured without an integral lug but you can get them with integral lugs.

Last edited:
Thanks Edd,was just trying to point him in direction.My old Rebel actions where from earlier times.They been good to me, I live about 200 yrs fro Defiance,thats why I think of them.

Small and Large ring milsurp Mauser and Howa actions have them too. Mauser and Howa/Weatherby Vanguard recoil lugs are pretty short. Defiance and some others are much more substantial.

On the howa does the forward action screw screw into the lug like it appears to on the weatherby? It appears defiance action screw still hits the action not the lug? I'm guessing because it's a Remington clone so will have to work in stocks made for Remington 700, which would then be the case with all clones correct?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts