Action for switch barrel build

BEEMAN

Want to start collecting parts for a switch barrel build. This will be my first attempt at this, so hope I'm using the right terminology. I'm leaning towards a Bighorn TL3. Any other actions with similar features are welcomed. No barrel nuts but will use shouldered barrels. Parts I hope to use are:
TL3?
Manners EH1 CF
HS Precision detachable Mag Clip
Bartlein 3B or similar contour
Trigger tech
Brake
Is the TL3 worth the extra money compared to the origin? Anything you would change? Want to chamber barrels in 6SST, 7SS and maybe 338SS. Hoping bare rifle weighs about 8-8.5 lbs. is this possible without going with a carbon fibre barrel? If anyone has something similar please list build specs and weight.

You are pretty darn close to my weights on EH-1s and Bartlein 26" 3B, Stiller Tac 300s and 4 port brakes and rail. All three are straight fluted and weigh 8# 6oz. without scope. All are Hawkins BDL.

Clayton has got a list on his site......
Rem,Surgeon,Bighorn, Stiller's,Lone Peak, Borden and Kelbly. These can be fitted, some require more work, some less. I think the pinned lug is the common factor.

Last edited:
Jmcmath that's a beautiful rifle. I was thinking of going zeiss V4 or V6. With the proof barrel I thought it would if been lighter. Thanks for the advice so far.

Jmcmath that's a beautiful rifle. I was thinking of going zeiss V4 or V6. With the proof barrel I thought it would if been lighter. Thanks for the advice so far.
Yeah the adjustable cheek piece and dbm is what got it to 8.6 pounds. It would be down around or under 7 without those.

A lot of people assume proofs are super light but they are just featherweight barrels with more weight(carbon) wrapped over them. True featherweight steel barrels will be lighter.

Yeah forgot how much weight the adjustable cheek adds. Sure is a nice option though.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.