Action configurations for BR & F-class?

cakes

Time to plan a new rig and wondering what has been the most "convenient" for right handed shooters using a joystick front rest. I like to keep my left hand on the stick and curious about the dual port actions. Leaning towards what I am comfortable with but always like to look at "different approaches." I guess my options would be (RB,RP), RB,LP,RE) and (RB,RP,LE). and ejector or not? Probably a BAT M or MB. comments please, thanks, Eric

For Benchrest I much prefer the RB,LP,RE configuration. I also have a RB,LP action and I think it is too slow because you have to wait for the fired case to completely clear the eject port before loading a new round. I know it slows me down more than the dual port. For F-Class I don't think there is the advantage to the left loading, in fact it may be a disadvantage. Since you are using your left arm to support you it is easier to maintain your shooting position if you don't need to use your left arm to load as well as support you.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.