Accutriggers vs timney triggers

jammer300

I was thinking of replacing the accutrigger in my savage 300 win mag with a timney trigger. I don't have any experience with aftermarket triggers and not sure how these triggers compare to each other. Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated. Thanks

I have an Accutrigger Savage. It's OK.

I have 7 or more Timneys. Ruger Amerincan Rimfire, Reminton, Weatherby Vanguard probably some others as well.

I have a couple Jards, Jewels and Conjars.

Timney is reliable, predictable, adjustable with good feel.

I was thinking of replacing the accutrigger in my savage 300 win mag with a timney trigger. I don't have any experience with aftermarket triggers and not sure how these triggers compare to each other. Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated. Thanks

I like mine and don't have problem with it. "If" this is your first accutrigger, it might take time getting used to. IMHO, it is a very well designed trigger mechanism with safety in mind, esp for a factory affordable rifle (other manufacturers have followed Savage's lead in similar design).

[ame]https://youtu.be/QfT7asuOcXI?t=87[/ame]

What is it that you do not like about it? If you must replace it, the Timney CE is an excellent trigger. A couple of mu pre-accutrigger has RB triggers.

Good luck!

It is my first accu-trigger. It may just be me but it is not as smooth as what I expected. So I thought that maybe replacing it with another trigger may help.

That's a nice deer FEENIX. Congrats. The first kill with my rifle was by my wife last year. 2 point muley buck @ 310 yards . She still gives me a hard time about it.:)

That's a nice deer FEENIX. Congrats. The first kill with my rifle was by my wife last year. 2 point muley buck @ 310 yards . She still gives me a hard time about it.:)

Thanks! Congrats to your wife, I'm sure you have a lot to do with that too.

I've been trying to convince my wife to go hunt with me for the last 34 years but to no avail. :D

Both Timney and Accutriggers are well designed and can be adjusted to whatever Lbs. pull you would like to a certain amount. I have both on a couple of rifles and also have Ruger American rifles with their version of Accutrigger but cannot adjust the Rugers as light as the other two triggers mentioned. Thinking about Timney trigger for one of the Rugers.

It is really a personal preference, so if you don't think it is as good as something else change it.
you can get use to it (But why if you can replace it with a better trigger).

it is a step up from the old Savage triggers and I have found nothing wrong with the Accutriggers but I prefer something that does not move at all (I can normally anticipate the trigger release) I have the same problem with the Glocks trigger. It is like having creep in the trigger to me.

The best triggers I have used were the Jewell, Canjar, and the Timney, In that order. the Timney
is not as crisp as the Jewell (But none are in my opinion) but it is a very good replacement trigger
and I use a lot of them on the newer Mark 5s (The older ones are also very good for a factory trigger.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.