Trigger Tech vs Timney Trigger

I like the trigger tech models. I have had issues with the timneys. First couple times was with a knight mk-85 deer hunting in Michigan. Rainy days, the trigger would sieze up. Had to take it apart, clean and lube it after every trip. Most recently had one on a rem 700 act up while antelope hunting in dusty conditions in Wyo.

The trigger that is in the gun is one of the Lawyered Up Triggers, tried to dial it in, waste of time.

I ordered a Trigger Tech this morning, got to be better than a trigger with Lawyer written all over it.

Thanks for the input guys. Love this sight.
Randy,
Great choice :) Both your buddy and you will be very pleased with the TriggerTech trigger. Its Frictionless Release Technology is amazing and makes it the the #1 trigger that "the pros use." I have both TT and Timney triggers on most of my rifles, and both provide big improvements. I'm definitely a TriggerTech fan now. I'm using TT's Rem 700 Special triggers.
If the action is not bedded, bedding it will make for a special Sendero. God bless you :)

You won't know you want a Jewell or other top end trigger until you use one. I've used the basic Timneys and they are great over the factory triggers. However, the Jewell I have is way better. It hard to go back to anything once I've spent a season behind the Jewell. I'd love to try out some of the newer top end triggers but I would rather have another gun that upgrade all my triggers.
I have Jewell's on all my target rigs (6) but one. My sleeved Rem 6BR has a Canjar Lite Pull in her, love it.

I ordered a Trigger Tech for my buddy, don't think he would know the difference between it and a Jewell.

Randy,
Great choice :) Both your buddy and you will be very pleased with the TriggerTech trigger. Its Frictionless Release Technology is amazing and makes it the the #1 trigger that "the pros use." I have both TT and Timney triggers on most of my rifles, and both provide big improvements. I'm definitely a TriggerTech fan now. I'm using TT's Rem 700 Special triggers.
If the action is not bedded, bedding it will make for a special Sendero. God bless you :)
Ranger Rick,

The rifle is on a Bedded McMillian stock, looks like the bedding was done right. Looking forward to shooting it early next week.

I love the 300 RUM round, loaded up some test rounds, just waiting for the scope and trigger to get here.

I always get Timney, their facility is about 15 minutes from me and I can call in the morning, pick it up in the afternoon. I like to buy local. I have installed a TT for my neighbor, it seemed comparable.

I have Jewell , Timney and rifle basix triggers they all work well for me . I also have some triggers that came from the factory that I like . I kind of think that triggers are like the rest of the things we use some good points some bad points for each brand so it's a matter of doing just what you are doing ask and get differing opinions from people and why they have formed that opinion then weigh the information and buy accordingly what you then feel is the best option for your use . What type of climate will you be using it in dry dusty , wet and humid ,or both do you keep your rifles cleaned and lubed , do you use any thing to keep the dust and grit out of the moving parts , dry lubes ect. do you use any thing to keep the moisture from affecting the way the moving parts from being affected by it . Some of my rifles are truck guns and get a lot of abuse so the triggers need to stand up to the dirt and dust as well as the jarring ect . of that life . Some of them are a once in a while use and are kept cleaned after each use so a trigger that does well being kept clean works just fine with them .
I've got three rifle basix triggers. The first one I bought years ago was perfect out of the box. I've had to tune everyone that Ive had since then. But they are as good as a timney after working on them. The timney was pretty good out of the box.

Randy Tidwell, in my opinion since using Jewells, Trigger Tech, and others.. including Timney: I can say this.. of all the options, the absolute last thing I would do is put a timney on any rifle. my faves are Jewell, Trigger Tech, Dayton-Traister, CMC, and Rifle Basix. After having to completely disassemble every Timney trigger I have ever bought, and completely mill their surfaces square and flat then re-assemble them so they are just the way they should have been from the factory; I will never used another Timney unless the customer brings it in and requests I put it on and adjust it. then I do just that. I will not repair any more Timney triggers.

Jewel triggers in all my rem700s. Timney in several Mauser 98s I have built. ARs Jewel. Every Rem 700 I have built has a Jewel. Building a Rem 700 243 AI at the present 1-7.5 Hart Barrel. I like what shooters have to say about triggertech. It is a contender for my build. None of my rifles with factory, Jewel or Timney have been a problem. My background: 74 years 5 years USMC 3 years Combat Vietnam Grunt Recon Sniper. 40 years competitive match shooter. Extensive experience hunting all sorts of game. Longest kill 300wm 208 A Max, 5x5 Bull at 1267 yds. But prefer to close into 700 and closers time weather and terrain permitting. All this doesn't make me an expert, a Hero or a Badass. I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran who served with HEROS God Bless Them and the USA. SEMPER FEDELIS

I have 2 TriggerTech's and 1 Timney . Like both but really like the TT's. Have one at 2.5 pds. For hunting. Other 1.5 pds for mostly target. If I buy another trigger , right now I'd go with another TT. Glad you did. Think you will like it.

Last edited:
I have several 510's, and may latest build has a TT Special. I think I'll be using the TT for future builds as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.