Accubond at 1700 f/s

G

Have any of you tryed the 140g Accubond on deer out to 700 yards? (270 win. 1700 f/s inpact velocity) Is the bc on Nosler's website close - 130g BT .433, - 140g BT .456, - 140g AB .496?
Thanks

From the Nosler website:

Partition:
Minimum Impact Velocity for Reliable Expansion- 1800 fps
Maximum Impact Velocity for Reliable Expansion- N/A

Ballistic Tip:
Minimum Impact Velocity for Reliable Expansion- 1600 fps
Maximum Impact Velocity for Reliable Expansion- 3000 fps

AccuBond:
Minimum Impact Velocity for Reliable Expansion- 1600 fps
Maximum Impact Velocity for Reliable Expansion- N/A

Thanks jeffbird. Would I be better off to go with the 140g BT with lower bc, go to the 150g BT, or 140g AB at 700y?(same BC)(deer at 200 pounds or less)

Harv,
I defer to others with more experience, but the prevailing majority opinion seems to prefer Accubonds over the Ballistic Tips. While there is lots of focus on the board on the longrange terminal effects, sometimes the deer are up close and the majority opinion appears to be that the BT's are not as strong for the velocities you might have up close.

Thanks again. I think I'll give them a try. My shots are usually under 700y (500ish yards is the longest shot on game so far) but have been shooting the gong at 750y quite well. Just wanted to be sure the bullet would do its job if the long shot showes up. Have to see if I can get them to shoot in my gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts