Accubond and NBT Interchangeable?

Brown Dog

Just noticed that the Accubond is now available in 308 165gr.

........165gr NBTs shoots like a dream for me; can the accubond be substituted with no load changes.

..ie is it externally identical (they have the same BC) and of the same hardness/engravability as the NBT?

Many Thanks!

I asked the same question to Nosler about the 180gr Accubond and Ballistic tip , they said that they would shoot to the same point of impact and have the same flight path but it would be wise to work up another load , they said that the Accubond might show a little more pressure.

I haven't tried yet but I was planning to load up 12 of each with the exact same load and shoot groups out to 400yds to see what the differance might be , just haven't had time yet.

I have seen them usually have the same impact but they do sometimes like a slightly different charge of the same powder-maybe .5 grain up or down. The .308 180 AB and BT have bc's listed the same but they ARE NOT the same length so it might be wise to test bc's on both and compare.

the 180gr AB and baltips have the same accuracy in my 06 with the same load and ogive measurement.the AB just shoot .5" lower @ 100yds.RB

All - Thanks

....interchangeability has relegated itself to a theoretical problem for me at the moment ....went to the UK's largest country sports event on Friday ...no one had 165 accubonds ..or NBTs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Good eh? Can't even get myself 165NBTs (and when I do they'll come out at approx £17 / US$27 for 50 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif !) ...you fellows don't realise how good you've got it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hi brown dog
did you try reloading solutions.??? when you where there.
where abouts are you in the country,i am notts.
i will see if i can get you some if you are near me.
drop me a email and i will see if you want.you never know i might be able to get them a bit cheaper.

[email protected]

thanks
colin

Colin,

Thanks. I tried Reloading Solutions, Norman Clark and Modern & Antique Firearms (the latter is the fellow who distributes Redding in UK)....rather amazing that none of them had them in 165!!

I bought 600 NBTs last time I was in Canada (about 4 years ago), but now my 'lifetime supply' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif is dwindling. I have some hind stalking booked for the end of Oct and in Dec and am feeling a little 'twitched' that I haven't got plenty of bullets on hand!

...thanks for the offer, but as I'm down on Salisbury Plain logistics would be difficult!

brown dog
i have a box of 165 btips
im down your way next friday evening stalking can you get across to sherbourne?
scirroco

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.