A tough choice, Kahles,NF,S&B, color blind.

That's a good point, I've been back and forth on sfp or ffp. I've owned several of both and there's things I like and dislike about both. That would be a nice option to have if I decide to stretch her out a little more.
With 99 moa of ups plus 20 hold over and I can be On any magnification is why I chose ffp. If I went with 40 moa base I'd have a total of 139 moa of elevation. I can't imagine using that. But people do.

That'd get me plenty. How thick is your reticle? I had a ffp march with .1 mil, I didn't care for covering 3.6" at 1000. That's part of the reason I was thinking about sfp, the farther out your target gets, the less you cover. That's really the only thing I like better about sfp, the reticle is always easy to see.

That'd get me plenty. How thick is your reticle? I had a ffp march with .1 mil, I didn't care for covering 3.6" at 1000. That's part of the reason I was thinking about sfp, the farther out your target gets, the less you cover. That's really the only thing I like better about sfp, the reticle is always easy to see.
Nightforce lists it at .125 moa thick on the moar reticule. I know the moar-t in sfp is less. The mil-c nightforce center mil dot is .05 mil.

Thanks,
That would work out pretty nice, nf wasn't at the top of my list, but it's getting there. It's nice that I can actually get my hands on one as well, I know the guys at my local sporting goods store pretty well, I'm sure they'll let me get one out in low light before I purchase it.

Ior terminator is an awesome scope. I really liked mine but..... 52x was great but in changing distances it takes a little longer than most scopes to adjust. And 12x the bottom end and the weight convinced me it didn't work for what I was doing. I also really like the reticle and the turrets.

I'm rebuilding my Cheytac, most likely it will be a .375AM.
I will be using it for hunting, but most shots will be between 1500 and 2500 on targets.
I'm pretty set on not spending over 3K, seems that there is a point of vanishing returns and can't justify much more than that for what I'm doing.
I don't plan on throwing this thing off any cliffs or anything of that nature, I'm sure they're all tough enough for this, so that's doesn't matter much to me.
I'm red/green color blind pretty bad and it's only getting worse, lucky for me, I have between 20/15 and 20/10 vision, but when people talk about color in regard to scopes, I can't tell the difference between any of them. I've read that some of these are much better in that regard, but obviously for me it's no concern.
Clarity and low light performance are my two top priorities.
And for those of you that shoot past 2000, what magnification do you prefer? I've had up to 30x scopes, but naturally they look better turned down. Most of my shooting has been inside 2000, any reason for more than 25x?
I'm open to other options as well.
Thanks.
For me the S&B PMII 5-25 has been a top performer even in low light conditions.

Tank gave the info on a moar reticle thickness, not sure if moa is your cup of tea. My moar, on 35 power, 5" square plate at 1K, all 4 quadrants of the plate are way visible with the reticle centered up.
Now of coarse we do not shoot 5" plate at 1500, simple math says you are still going to be able to see it while centered up. At 2K, all bets are off, lol
I do know the center dot on mil c is slightly friendlier, and looks like mil xt reticle dot is also.
Not sure how you shoot ELR, I use a combo of dialing and holding some wind, and would most likely need to be on the plate before I centered up my reticle on a target for subsequent shots. Then again, I do not own a cheytac, lol

My boy also has red/green trouble with his eyes and finds the S&B's suit him best, especially in low light. It can be easy to confuse contrast with clarity when comparing glass in good daylight. Try to compare different scopes in poor light if possible to see which you prefer.

Ive sold my March scopes and bought khales. I really like the khales. They have a few features I prefer now that I've used them a little while. However I'm thinking that maybe the 4- 32 Nightforce NX8 is what your looking for though. For 32 power it's got a lot of internal. 90 moa or 26.2mill depending on the model. Also it's a FFp scope. If you can find them in stock they aren't horrible priced.

I had a march 3-24x42, very good scope and not a bad choice if weight is a concern, but this rifle is going to be around 18lbs, so weight isn't much a concern when it comes to the optics. I've never looked through any other March, but I wasn't overly impressed with the glass on that one. Not sure 66 moa is going to get me there.
I'd love to be able to look through some of these side by side, but it's just not realistic.
March has the Big bore models that should give you all you want, I believe they are the 5x50x56 or 5x60x56

I'm thinking that maybe the 4- 32 Nightforce NX8 is what your looking for though. For 32 power it's got a lot of internal. 90 moa or 26.2mill depending on the model. Also it's a FFp scope. If you can find them in stock they aren't horrible priced.
Putting a NX8 on a cheytac would be like buying a 69 Camaro with a V6.

March has the Big bore models that should give you all you want, I believe they are the 5x50x56 or 5x60x56

I may be wrong but with that kinda magnification I'd imagine the internal adjustment wouldn't be over 60 or 70 moa

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.